42. Spying on the Blake kid (Part I)

He fell in love with that strange world she was.

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************

"I do not know mom, is it important for me to be there?" Faye asked as she plopped into the couch, Veronica sitting on the next one.

"I am not going to force you to do something you do not want to. Its just, my colleagues and business partners wants to meet you personally. Many tycoons are going to be in the gala. And that's really great for your career. They even wants to do interviews with you, you know, after your appearance in the Vogue's cover. You do not have to agree to them, of course. They just wants to see you, my daughter and the heir." Veronica replied, handing some files to the bulky man that stood in front of her.

"So no pressure?" Faye asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope, no pressure. Oh and by the way, I am calling some of the investors too, this new project needs a lot of work. I will need your help in it. Remember, the designs that you drew yesterday? I am gonna launch them." Veronica had a warm smile on her face.

After coming back from the park with a giddy smile on her face, Faye had helped her mother with some of the design for the upcoming fashion show. And she had a lot of fun. Never had she thought that her mom and her ideas would match so much.

"Faye, do you really want to take over the industry? I mean, I am telling you this once again, you do not have to take it as an career option if you do not want to. Do what you want to do with yourself child. There is no pressure–" Veronica kept on babbling and Faye had to hold her hand to make her stop.

"I have always dreamed of conquering the fashion industry. You and I both know how much I am into it, mom. I have already planned everything. And I am gonna go with it." Faye said, smiling and patting Veronica's hand.

"Faye, I know I do not say it much, god, I never say it, but, just know that I am really proud of you." Veronica smiled, pulling Faye into a hug and kissing the top of her head.

Things were getting better and she could not be more happier.

"Sorry to cut it short, girls, but you both got visitors. Veronica, the event planner is here for the meeting and Faye, Zach is already in your room and may I add, he is in a really bad condition." Martha explained, a warm smile on her face as she saw them.

"Fine, Martha, am going. Girlfriend, meet you later." Veronica winked at Faye before walking away.

"I never knew she was this awesome to be with." Faye turned towards Martha, grinning.

"I know. Anyways, we will have this talk later, Zach is waiting." Martha said, shoving her to the opposite direction.
************************************

"Why are you all in black, once again?" Faye deadpanned as she saw Zach laying on her bed, his eyes on the ceiling.

"Oh, you are here. Get ready, we are going on a mission." Zach looked at her before standing up, pulling a black beanie to cover his head.

"What mission? And hell no, I am not going anywhere, did you feel the drop in the temperature? Its cold outside." Faye shook her head.

"You do not understand, its about River. I think, he is hiding something." And for the first time, Faye saw the seriousness Zach's face conquered.

"What do you mean?" She frowned, sitting on the love seat.

"I do not know. But he went to dad's office today. And when he came back, he was all weird and shit. When I asked him if he's alright, he said he's perfectly fine. I thought he just had an argument with dad, so I just let it go. But when I came back from Isabella's house, he was all gone. Something really is going on, he never forgets to tell me about his whereabouts." Zach said, mirroring her frown.

"Um, lemme put it this way, maybe he's at a party, its a weekend after all. And maybe he thought as you already will be there, there is no need to inform you about it. And maybe, if its not that case, he just wants to be left alone for some time." Faye tried to reason out.

"Even I would have thought so but, I got something that rose my suspicion." And he pulled out his phone, shaking it in front of her face.

On the screen was an email that was addressed to Blake enterprises.

"We get to know about everything that happens in the company through this ID. This certain email is for River Blake, that says he has reservations in one of our restaurants. A table for two." Zach continued, "Now, you will think that maybe its for an important meeting. But when I looked further, I got to know that he is gonna joined by the heir of the Thompson's, who's apparently a female."

And at that, Faye's eyes grew by a fraction and she felt a pang of hurt on her chest.

"Now, now, Faye. I do not want to jump into conclusions, nor should you. For all I know, there is something more to the story. And I am really prepared to reveal it. That's why we both, you and I are gonna return to our old ways, and spy on River Blake." And he finished with a smirk.

************************************

See you in a bit, folks.

@tomboy_16