20. Movie night gone wrong

She's everything real in the world of make-believe...

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************

"Yes, they have this unique ability to form bonds with other atoms of carbon, forming large molecules. This property, you know, when it bonds with each other is called catenation." Faye described.

"So, no other element can form bonds like this..." River asked, biting the end of his pencil and scratching the back of his head.

"Silicon can, upto eight bonds, after that, it becomes highly reactive, isn't really stable..."

"Alright... and what's up with saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons?" River asked, writing something roughly on the textbook.

"Carbon atoms that are connected by only single bonds, are saturated and those with double or triple bonds are unsaturated...understood?"

"What are alkanes, alkenes and alkynes then?"

"Saturated hydrocarbons are alkanes, and alkenes along with alkynes both are unsaturated hydrocarbons."

"Cause they are double and triple bonded, right?" He asked, grinning ear to ear as he got the whole concept.

"Yup." She said, popping the 'p'.

"Well, looks like I finally figured out something..." He said, looking proudly at the notes that he had just made.

"Then let's take a break." She said, closing the textbook that was on her lap.

"Finally, I thought you were never gonna let go of me." He breathed out, instantly closing his notepad.

"How much did you get in your test once again?" She asked, a smirk visible on her face.

"I failed, alright. Stop making fun." He whined, standing up from the floor.

"You have never gone through the text, have you?" She asked, laughing as she extended her hand for him to pull.

"Not even once." He said, honestly.

"I know... organic chemistry is shit..." She said.

"Saying the one who haven't got a single C in her whole life. You know, I am starting to feel like, deep down you are a nerd." River said, taking her hand and making her stand up.

"I never said I am not." She laughed, walking out of her room, making sure that he follows her.

She felt him chuckling before saying, "I am hungry."

"Let's order pizza." She said as she sat on the couch that was in the hall.

"Why, where is Martha?" He asked as he took the place beside her.

"You know Georgina, right? One of our maids..." And when he nodded, she continued, "Well, her husband is sick, Martha and all the workers had gone to the hospital to visit him. I was about to go too, but then you appeared in my doorsteps, begging me to help you." She ended with a smirk.