19. You are a rainbow but he is colorblind

Her eyes sung stories with sad endings,
I wanted to wrap her in a blanket and tell her...
She'd be safe forever,

And so...

I did.

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)

************************************

"I heard that you have been avoiding Kyle since yesterday..." Someone said from behind as Faye took out her books from the locker.

Turning around, she found herself looking at Aubree and Madeline, who were standing there with a frown.

"I saw him making out with Stacey yesterday... it's just... hard " Her voice was shaking, breaking and her eyes were turning red as yesterday's event ran through her mind.

"I swear, I will kill that bitch one day..." Madeline swore under her breath, anger erupting through her veins.

"I don't think she is the only one to blame... Kyle is responsible too. I mean, that guy is blind." And Faye along with Madeline turned around to face Aubree.

"You know what? I agree with Bree, he will have to be really dumb to not figure out your love for him." Madeline said, agreeing with Aubree.

"It is finally starting to feel like I wasted the last three years for nothing. He will never notice me... I am just someone who he goes up to when his heart breaks." Faye whisperer, loud enough for the two to hear.

"Do not blame yourself Faye, never blame yourself... trust me, he does not know what he is missing out..."

And before Faye could say something else, the warning bell rang, making them walk to their classes.

"Will meet you at lunch..." And bidding goodbyes to Faye, both Aubree and Madeline started to walk towards their classes.

And now she was all alone, all alone to be killed by her own thoughts.

Unwanted images flash in front of her, making her shiver.

The way they were holding each other, the way he kissed her, like their are no tomorrows, the way he looked at her.

It somewhere made her feel like she lost him, she lost him forever and that they will never belong to each other. Somewhere it made her feel like she will have to let him go.

Sighing, she walked towards her first class, ignoring each and every stare, wave and smile that was darted towards her.

"Faye..." And she forced a smile on her face, before looking up to meet the familiar face.

"Hey Justin." She breathed out as she found him looking at her.

"You, alright?" Justin asked, concern laced in his voice.

"Better..."

"You should know Faye, I will always be there for you, always." He said, smiling.

"I know, I know you are..." She smiled along, walking up with him to their class.

"Ah, by the way, the weekend is here... So, I guess I will pick you up tomorrow..." He trailed, stopping in his tracks.

"Oh yah, sure..." She nodded.

"Alright, so, I will pick you up at 7?" He asked and when she nodded, he breathed out a sigh in relief.

"Well, I got something for you..." And he ruffled through his pants, before taking out a small white rose from his pocket.