56. Hallelujah

"she did not know how to tell him she loved him. but how she wanted him to know. so she tried every other way she could. planting kisses on his skin. forming constellations. stargazing."

-cause he was her universe
(The Golden Girl)

*****

12 months later

That morning in Manhattan began with dark clouds descending the broad sky and a soft drizzle covering the streets. And along with that murky weather, came thousands of diapproving looks and hurried footsteps.

The boy standing outside the floral shop, sensing the upcoming downpour, slowly picked up the full grown tulips and lilies from the lined up stack and came inside, an annoyed look visible on his face. It was a bad business day.

"Peter, what's taking you so long? Hurry."

Well, his boss was just like a cherry on top. On top of piles of annoying, stupid, irrelevant things.

"It's going to rain soon, can I go home now? I mean I don't think someone's going to come by today. Its a bad day for business. The tulips-" And he was stooped mid-sentence by the ringing of the bell, indicating that well, someone, wanted flowers after all.

"Excuse me, um, can I get a bouquet made, please? I know its a horrible weather but I am in great need of it." A soft voice made both of them turn over.

And there she stood.

The first thing he noticed was that, she was still beautiful. Still one of the most beautiful girl he has ever come across.

Second? She was drenched. From head to toe.

"See, there's someone after all-" his boss looked at him with a smirk before turning towards her, "Miss Faye, how are you? Oh probably very drenched right now. Do you want me to get you a towel?"

The fake smile almost made Faye cringe but instead of showing it she gave him a polite smile, "It is okay Henry, my driver has gone to get me a towel, I will be fine."

"That's a great news, Miss Faye. But I guess I won't be able to assist you today, since I have just got an important business call. You know how it is, right? I am thinking of opening a new shop down the street and its the construction team. Something with the money. So, I will have to go. But don't you worry, I am living you with my best worker. You will have a delightful time. Good day." And giving her a sloppy grin, the man took an umbrella from the stands and bid her goodbyes, something that Faye was happy to return.

"You look like a drenched cat." And she turned around to glare at the guy standing behind the counter.

"Looks like you're still annoying."

"Always a pleasure, Lockwood."

"I don't even know why I am friends with you."

"Well, I am irresistible, cute, funny, hot, sexyyy. In all, I am a meal. How can you not be friends with me?"

"You just gave me five more reasons to hate you."

"Oh shut up. You love me."

"Come on Pete, just get me a bouquet of white lilies and roses." She rolled her eyes playfully, before taking the white towel that her driver had just passed her. Throwing a grateful smile towards his way, she sat on the beige couch, pulling out her drenched coat and revealing a white sundress.