FIFTEEN

"What's really going on?" he repeats and I freeze in the moment. I need to come up with a lie. "Macy, you know you can tell me anything," I nod at him but he looks so worried and I don't want to add onto his problems. He already has enough at home with his family and his bitchy girlfriend.

He continues to look at me waiting for an answer but I'm still thinking about my lie. "Sorry, I've been watching too many movies lately," I chuckle and he just shakes his head like he wasn't believing me.

I didn't want to talk about this anymore so I just lay in his arms, giving him my back. His phone rings and he sighs. "Macy, I need to leave. My girlfriend is home asking for me and my mom is now mad at me but text me," he gets up from bed and I smile at him. Before he walks out I get up to hug him and smile.

One last time he kisses my forehead and leaves through the same door he came in. I go back into my room and try to go back to sleep. But I couldn't I don't even know what was bothering me so much. Why was I dreaming that?

"I'm sure it's the weed that's getting to you," Ethan says out of nowhere almost making me want to scream and punch him. I shake my head at him and he knew I despised when he would say something about me smoking.

He's still standing there from the bathroom doorway. His messy black hair to the side and his red highlight sticking up. He wasn't smiling or frowning just in the middle. He passes his hand through his hair and just lets out a sigh.

He turns around heading back to his room and closes the door between us. It's so late and I'm still up. I need to sleep.

Macy- when can I see you again?

I was hoping to get a quick answer but it's late at night and who knows if they will even answer me. I go back into bed just laying in the middle hoping to feel the empty face with myself.

Looking at the window and the stars. They were so far apart from each other it's like they don't even want to touch. The moon was so bright but beautiful.

I close my eyes and hope to fall asleep.

***
The sun hits my eyes and I slowly open up my eyes. I look at the time and it was 2pm. "fucking shit," I mumble to myself and let out a yawn.

Getting out of bed, I take a look at my phone and I get a notification from Tinder. I click on the app and see that lately I've been making matches with people.

Tyler Scott- hey beautiful 😍

But I just leave him on seen. I scroll and see a lot of guys telling me the same shit but one of them catches my eye. I click on the message and read it:

Edna Lauren's- hey

Macy- hey, what's up

Edna is typing...

Edna Lauren's-it's been over 4 months and you finally reply 😂. Not to mention we aren't a match anymore since you live far from me now

I laugh and leave her on open. I get off from bed and get my clothes ready to shower. I get my phone and my speaker. I get in and close the door behind me.

Before I take off my clothes I put on some music. I go to my Halsey playlist and click it.

I strip my clothes piece by piece and let it all fall down onto the floor. I turn on the water waiting for it to get warm and once it does I hop in the shower.

"I gave you the messiest head, you gave me the messiest head," I sing along to Halsey and wait for the beat drop. I wash my face in the shower and start to wash my hair as she keeps repeating the word lie.