FIFTY-FOUR

3 months go by..

ETHAN

I've never felt so exhausted in my entire life. But with Riley in the house now makes me want to sleep for days. She always gets up in the middle of the night crying and if Brianna doesn't wake up I do. We try to take turns taking care of her. "Riley," I say exhausted as I carry her in my tired arms trying to calm her down. "Baby, please go to sleep. I'll promise to sing to you if you sleep," but instead she starts to smell really bad. I groan, I hated cleaning her diapers.

[pretend school is already over]

I set her on the bed and take off her leggings. I get the wipes ready and the diaper right next to me as well. I start to gag once the diaper was off. But she starts to uncontrollably move to the sides making it hard for me to clean her up. "Let me help you," Brianna walks in laughing. She takes over and I feel relieved.

"Aww, look at you," she gushes. I walk out of the room an sit on the couch. I end up falling asleep.

--

"Wow, he looks exhausted," someone speaks back and forth. I wake up to Macy talking to my dad. "Hey," she smiles at me and so do I.

I yawn,"Hey," she giggles but I didn't even know why.

"You do know you have vomit all over your shirt right?" she points out and I quickly get up to change. Once I walk into the room I try to be quiet due to the fact that Brianna was all cuddled up with Riley sleeping. I take out my phone and take a picture of them.

I walk out to the kitchen with a new shirt on. I see the clock and it was 2 pm. "You look drained," they both say in sync

I nod,"Well babies like to cry a lot and wake up in the middle of the night," they both laugh. "Macy, Can I talk to you?" I say softly and my dad leaves the kitchen. She nods.

We go into her old room. I close the door and lock it. I hear her gulp. "I wanted to say that I'll stop bugging you to be with me. I realized that I want you to be happy and if that's with someone else I'll stop no matter how much it will hurt me." I say

"I love you, and it sucks because I'm letting you go this time. But in the end, I'll always feel something for you but again you deserve to be happy. All we do is hurt each other," I say low but she hears me

"I don't know what to say," she stutters

I can't believe I was saying this. I was able to notice how she was taken by surprise. "Macy, your boyfriend is here," she turns red.

She looks at me not knowing what to say,"Just go," I force a smile and she does.

You're letting go of her..

I see her figure fade as she walks towards the door and wraps herself up in a guy's arms. Brianna comes out with Riley in her arms. I extend my arms to reach over for Riley, she smiles at me.

"Come here," I talk in a baby voice. And with that, the door closes behind them and she left with my hopes. Because now I actually gave up on us that would never happen. I'm meant to be with someone else, not her. "You're my only girl," I say to Riley.

Even though she wasn't my biological daughter I love her and would do anything for her. I may not be with Macy who I still have strong feelings for but I will manage on my own. Through all this heartbreak I realized that Macy and I were never going to be a thing in the end.

Maybe, it's not what I wanted to happen but again who knows what's meant for me. All I know is that I have a wonderful daughter who I love so much. It's not the end of the world, yet. "You don't always get what you want," I mutter to myself.

I walk into the room to see Brianna crying in the bed. "Hey, what's wrong?" she sniffles and turns to look at me.

"Today is a year that Dylan has been dead. I really miss him and I wish he were to see Riley grow up. I'm proud she has you to look up to and not just me." she wipes her tears away

"Just because you let go of the balloon and you can't see it. It doesn't mean they are gone, he's here and we just can't see him. I bet he is enjoying watching his little girl grow up," I pull her in for a hug.

---

I get the flowers as I get out of the car and look for her. "It's been so long," but I didn't like to see how this was the only way for me to talk to my mother. From tomb to tomb I keep looking for her's but I couldn't find it.

I finally spot it and run to it. I place her tulips on her grave. "I have so much to tell you. I let go the love of my life. It hurts still actually but it's for the better. I just wish you were there to guide me but I did it all on my own like you would've liked it. I miss you so much and I'm sorry for not coming sooner but I hate how you're gone," I croak

I laugh lightly,"But to make up for it I brought you tulips. You probably know but I am a father, kinda. But let me tell you she's so cute. Last week she fell off from the couch and I freaked out more than Brianna. I got so worried that she broke something. I love her mom, I still would of hopes that I could've shared that with Macy. But like you say, things happen for a reason."

It starts to rain but I stay put on the ground talking to her. "Don't let nothing happen to Riley nor Macy. Make them both happy even if it has to hurt me," I smile. "I turn 19 next month and all I'm going to do is stay home and celebrate it with my princess. I love you mom, I need to go to work than college,"

---

My phone starts to ring but I park first,"Hello?"

"Is this Ethan Dolan?" a female asked

"Yeah," I answer back. I didn't even know who was calling me.

"We called to let you know that your application went through and you can move in the apartment next week if you still want the place,"

I grin,"Yes, I do,"

We go over the details and I finally get off to go to work. I walk inside and look at my lock screen of Riley and I laughing. "My life is just starting," I smile

--

this is the second to last chapter. macy's pov will be the last chapter (maybe) i realized how there was nothing else left of this book because all i was doing was keep dragging things. sorry if there is any methan shippers. anywho thank you for 303k!!! this chapteer will be up early.

the next chapter MIGHT be posted tmr but i can't promise grades are due next week and i need to get my grades up. sorry ethan's pov is lame

love u

peace

-mitzy