TWENTY-THREE

months later.. \\ DON'T PLAY AUDIO UNTIL TOLD

MACY

It's been month's later of Dylan's death and my last hook up with Ethan. School has finally started and that's about it. "Macy, want to go to the dentist with me?" my mom interrupts my thoughts.

I shake my head to the side,"You have an appointment?" I ask and she laughs softly.

"No, Ethan is getting his wisdom teeth taken out," she waves goodbye and I go back into my thoughts. Ever since the fight between Derek and I he still talks to me but he now has a girlfriend which I'm happy about. I still and always will miss Dylan.

His funeral was held a week after he died.

FLASHBACK

There I was standing in front of his coffin. His skin was so pale, with no color at all. I touched his hand and all I felt was the coldness of his body. He hated the cold and how pale his skin would get when he got sick. He was wearing a tux and the funny thing was that he hated them so much.

His mom would always try to get him to wear them but he never did. His eyes closed and all I wanted to see was his beautiful blue eyes. He always had that "Don't talk to me" look. But if you got to know him, he was the sweetest person.

Before, I moved we would spend everyday together. But now was my time to let go of him. He was now just a memory. A may of have been just a week but I missed him more each day. Each day went on it got harder to wake up in the morning.

He was my closest friend, I was able to tell him anything. "Dylan Cole Brian, my loving son will rest in peace. I will always miss him dearly. Him and Macy laughing loud in the middle of the night of all the TV they would see. All the countless arguments of trying to get him to like tuxedo's. Now he is finally wearing one," she lightly laughs but sniffles

You can see the tears in her eyes forming as she brought up each memory of him. The thing is he was dead. He can't come back but his memories will always be alive with us. If we don't let them die down with him. Just because is gone, the memories shouldn't go away with him under ground. "Anyone want to give a speech?" Dylan's mother asked out loud before heading down and I raised my hand.

She smiles at me. The crowd of people turn to look at me but I ignore it. Along with the feeling I was now having. "Thank you so much," Dylan's mother stops me and pulls me in for a hug. Then I finally make it up front of the crowd to speak about my now dead best friend.

Before I can speak I breathe so I don't break down. "Uh I am Macy, Dylan's best friend. I knew him better then anyone else, as he liked to say it. Everyone thought he was this rude spoiled kid, that had it all," I say

"But it wasn't like that. I will always love him and continue to cherish his memory like no other," and if you heard me you can hear the crack in my voice each time I spoke. "Dylan, why did you have to leave just when I needed you. You see he was the only one there for me. He was the only person I was able to count on. I miss you so much and it's only been a week," my voice cracks, I wasn't even looking at the crowd anymore. I was just looking straight ahead like if he was right there hearing me.

I let out a sharp breathe and the tears start to roll down my cheeks. Everyone was hearing my endless sobs. This was my pain. "Nothing will change the fact you're gone Dylan. Now there is going to be a hole in my life. A hole where you should of filled in. All the endless prayers and candles won't change anything. I feel like I can't move like I'm trapped," I cry

"Dylan, I love you," I say and then walk off the stage. I don't take my way back to my seat. I instead go outside. Once I feel the breeze hit my face I break down. "Come back," I choke on my tears and it got harder to breathe. "Dylan, just come back," I whisper to myself and let my hair cover my face as I cry even more.