Chapter 3 - Running and Kissing

"Hurry up Ai-yeon were going to be late," Ru-Ri says throwing me an apple that I skilfully catch one handed. She then proceeds to throw a pair of shoes at me, which I don't catch so skilfully, well in fact I don't catch them at all. I put the apple in jumper pocket and slide my shoes on. She grabs my hand so that I have just enough time to grab my bag before I'm yanked out of the front door. I climb into her car and she locks up.

"I know you don't want to go into school because of Tae," she says after hopping in and putting her seatbelt on. "But I also don't want to bring my car to college in case any thugs trash it."

"Sorry," I pout. After pretending to be cute, I sir in silence and stare of the window. Ru-Ri must turn on the radio as an unfamiliar song comes on (A/N: the song at the top, play if you'd like to). It's simple guitar pattern and slow lyrics make me think back to my times with Tae.

***

Three years ago was when we first met. He had dark brown hair and a soft smile that he always wore. He is a couple years older, but only a couple. We were part of the same school club. I suppose we bonded because we'd both lost a parent. Our bond soon turned into a friendship, and our friendship a romance. I remember the night we first kissed.

"Come on, it's raining," Tae said grabbing my hand and pulling me with him as we rushed in the street for shelter. He slid into an alleyway which covered us from the rain as the buildings roofs touched together.
"Are you alright?" I nod.

"Just a little cold," I smiled crossing my arms around my stomach to keep heat in.

"It's okay, I'll help keep you warm," he said wrapping his arms around me. He pulled me in tighter making sure no inch of me would get cold. I looked up at him, resting my head of his chest. He must have felt me move as he looked down at me. Without saying a word, we had the same idea. He took my chin in his hand and lent in and kissed me. His lips were soft against mine. I remembering feeling as though nothing could make me happier. Our kiss must have only last a couple of seconds but the feeling of love lasted years.

I suppose one reason I loved that night with Jungkook was because it reminded me of my first evee kiss, my kiss with Tae. Running and kissing without anyone to judge or say otherwise.

I left after the kiss. I ran out into the rain all the way home. At school we couldn't even look at each other because both our cheeks would turn into tomatoes. People kept asking me if we'd had a fight even though the truth was the complete opposite. I could never respond I'd just bow my head and my would turn into the stop light at traffic lights.

It was Ru-Ri who got to the bottom of it. She said she'd lock me up in my room and force me to clean unless I told her. Eventually after an hour of being stuck in my room I started talking. She didn't understand what all the fuss was about however, then again all the guys in high school were attracted to her.

Ru-Ri is the type of girl any guy could like really, she's thin with long legs, a good figure, long dark hair that sits prettily around her shoulders and her eyelashes seem as though they could stretch for miles. In fact most girls would complain she was too perfect from her good grades to her beautiful appearance and lovely personality.

She didn't think of it as a big deal. She had a boyfriend all through high school. When I say "a boyfriend" I mean several. She said it was because she was trying to find the one, but I knew she just liked the attention.

Since coming to college however she's not had a single one despite the amount of guys drooling over her.

Anyway I told her about me and Tae kissing. She told me I needed to talk to him, as if I never did then we kissed for no reason. I did as she said, I got together with him and as we saw it panned out smoothly. Well that was until.