Chapter 16 - Not His

We reach the restaurant with Jungkook still holding my hand. I can tell the others have noticed and just decided not to comment on it. He actually only let go of my hand to buckle and unbuckle his seatbelt the he took it straight back. I've been getting smirks and winks from Sam all evening and have been snarling back and rolling my eyes. I can tell that Hoseok and Namjoon are confused but are also don't know me well enough to ask questions. Now that we've arrived in the restaurant and sat down, I try to release my hand. He grabs it tighter.

"Let go," I whisper in his ear, making sure it sounds mildly threatening.

"No, you're mine remember," he whispers back. I growl at him. I notice the others looking at them so I smile politely until they go back to their conversation.

"I'll be yours later," I say into his ear. "Just let me be my own for now."

"Promise you will," he asks.

"Yes I promise," I agree. He smiles like a little kid who's been given something sweet. He let's my hand go. I put it on the table surprised that it isn't coated in sweat. I look over to Sam to only know notice she's wearing different clothes to usual. Usually she wear tight casual dresses and tight tops, however today she was wearing a baggy grey jumper type top and a pair of leggings. It had to be with her pregnancy.

"Hey Sam," Jungkook says. "What's with the sudden fashion change?" She and Jimin look at each other for help. Jungkook must notice it as he looks towards me with a strange face. I breathe in and shrug my shoulders.

"I just wanted to change my style," Sam eventually says. "I was actually thinking about dying my air brown again."

"Really?" Jungkook asks. "After two years Sam is going back to Sunny."

"I'm still Sam, well to you three, Hoseok and Namjoon are exceptions," she says. "I just fancied a change that's all." She winces, it's a very small wince, not something that someone without a key eye for detail would notice, but it definitely happens. She puts her hand on her stomach and rubs it. I look to see if there's anything showing. There's a small bump and by small I mean tiny, but it's still there. It makes sense that she'd be showing, it must have been at least two weeks since she conceived. I feel a tingle of happiness up my spine, or maybe it's just a shiver, who knows. I'm broken from my trance when I notice that the waiter has come to take our order. I quickly find something that looks appetising and wait for my turn to be ask.

Once our food arrives Hoseok decides to start a conversation with me.

"So what're you majoring in?" He asks me.

"Dance, art and drama," I smile. He nods his head.

"What kind of dance?" He asks. It feels nice to have someone who seems to care about my life other than my mother.

"Street," I answer. He nods his head.

"I like street too," he says, his mouth turning into a little heart. "I used to be part of a dance crew a few years ago." I can feel I look shocked. However now I think about it, he has the perfect physique for a dancer, tall, slender, muscly yet still light,

"Wow," I say. "What style do you like?" I can't believe I'm talking to effectively a professional.

"Popping is my favourite," he smiles. "You know, electric boogaloo style."

"As in the group from the late 1970s," I ask sounding overly excited. He nods and smiles.

"What about you?" He asks. "What's your favourite style?"

"Hip hop," I smile brightly.

"Nice and classic I see," he seems to approve. I shudder feeling a pair of eyes burning into the back of my neck. My hand is grabbed and put on the table.