Chapter 28 - Kids

"Why are you back?" Sam asks me. I freeze. Is she suggesting I shouldn't have visited?

"I came because I haven't seen Ru-Ri and you guys in a while," I answer.

"How long are you staying?" She continues to question.

"Only around 10 days," I reply. I feel Jae-Yeol's hand wrap around mine. Sam looks at him.

"Be careful," Sam tells me adjusting her glasses. Suddenly I notice two little faces staring at me from a door. Their eyes are wide. I smile and they begin to make their way towards me. I crouch down and Sam's eyes follow my movements. She sees the dark haired children enter the room.

"Jeongie, Ai, come over here," Sam shouts as, presumably, her kids run over to her. "Anyway take a seat." She gestures to a sofa along side an armchair. She sits down and helps her children onto her lap. I sit next to Jae-Yeol who I can already tell feels uncomfortable in the situation. "This is my friend Ai-yeon, say hi to auntie Ai-yeon." The kids wave and say hello to me. "Come on guys introduce yourself."

The little girl speaks first. She looks very similar to Sam as she has perfectly straight hair and round eyes, whereas her brother resembles Jimin incredibly as he has the almond eyes and chubbier cheeks.

"My name is Ai-ri," she says hopping off her mother's leg and walking over to me. She takes my hand and shakes it. "It's a pleasure to meet you Auntie Ai-yeon."

"It's lovely to meet you too," I smile back even though the immense fear of saying something wrong creeps up my back.

"I'm... I'm Jeong-min," a timid boy stutters. He smiles weakly at me.

"It's a pleasure," I smile which leads him to have a small smile form apon his lips.

"Who's he?" Ai-ri asks pointing towards my boyfriend.

"This is Uncle Jae-Yeol," I introduce, fearing his strangely deep voice may frighten Jeong-min. Ai-ri smiles widely and cheekily.

"Jae-Yeol why don't you go play with the kids in the garden," Sam suggests. Jae-Yeol agrees then takes the two children by the there hands and leads them outside.

"You've done well," Sam says. "He seems nice, he's tall, good-looking and apparently good with kids."

"Thank you," I say bowing slightly.

"Just so you know," Sam begins. "It's only me, Jimin, Ru-Ri, Jin, Tae and Jungkook left in Seoul."

"Oh, really?" I question. "Where did the others go?"

"Seulgi and Yoongi went to Daegu," she starts. "Na-yu and Jang-mi are both in America along with our other friends." She pauses for a moment. "And don't go and see Jungkook, apart of being his ex, he's finally got stable."

"Did something happen?" I ask.

"Nothing you need to know," she answers. "Anyway he got a girlfriend, so it'd be awkward if you turned up." I nod in agreement. "Also if you see him in public hide behind Jae-Yeol or whoever you're with." I nod once again even though I don't understand why, I'm sure she's talking for the best.

"So where's Jimin?" I ask. Before Sam can answer the front door opens along with a man holding shopping bags. "There." I say. I recognise his scruffy black hair and short stature.

I hear the pitter patter of tiny feet once again, although this time screaming voices join them. They reach their dad's legs and hug him. He squats down and ruffles their hair. Jae-Yeol walks in and I stand up to join him so he's not alone.

Jimin looks up and connects his eyes with mine. He doesn't seem to realise who I am. He lifts his two children and stands. After he puts them on the sofa he asks the question we were all expecting.

"Who are they?" He asks. Sam's head and hand meet in the middle for a high-quality facepalm. "Wait a minute, I know her." He walks towards me with his finger out and a stern look on his face. Jae-Yeol puts his arm protectively in front of me. I grab his hand and move it down to my side. Jimin's face lights up.

"It's the troublemaker herself," Jimin smiles. Sam facepalms once again. "How've you been?"

"Good thank you," I smile back having missed these two for so long.

"Oh looky looky," Jimin says pointing at Jae-Yeol. "A boyfriend?" I nod. "Congratulations man, you've chosen the hardest girl to date in the whole of Korea." Jae-Yeol nods awkwardly and takes Jimin's hand for a hand shake. "Tight grip man, be careful Ai-yeon." He proceeds to wink at us. Sam slaps his arm.

"Don't," she says sternly before gesturing towards her kids with her head.

"Sorry," Jimin whispers putting his hands into a prayer shape. "Anyway what's your name?"

"Jae-Yeol," my boyfriend responds.

"Good voice," Jimin laughs. "A deep voice usually signals something else." He winks again.

"Okay kids why don't you go off to your rooms," Sam says gesturing up to the stairs. They nod before rushing off upstairs.

After the children head upstairs, we sit down at their dinner table. Jimin and Sam head off to make some tea for us leaving Jae-Yeol and I alone again.

"Your friends are interesting," Jae-Yeol admits. "But they seem very nice." I laugh and grab his cheeks.

"It's cute when you're nervous," I smile. He chuckles making his cheeks seen more squishy. His cheeks create two little lines which are perfect to put my thumbs on.

"And you're just cute in general," he pouts putting his hands on either side of my face. He stares at me with soft happy eyes. I stare into them with loving and content eyes. I lean forward and peck him on the lips. A squealing nose like one out of a fangirl comes from the hallway. In sync we turn our heads to see Jimin in the doorway.

"Sorry," Jimin smiles putting the tea on the table. "You two are just really cute. Reminds me of when-" Sam pinches Jimin's arm to get him to shut up. If i were to guess I'd assume he was about to mention Jungkook. We drunk our tea and talked about our lives. Jae-Yeol and I explained how we met and what it's been like where we live. After an hour of everyone getting to know each other, Jae-Yeol and I head off back towards Ru-Ri's.

"So when did you meet them?" Jae-Yeol asks.

"I met Sam because of Jimin," I explain. "I got my tattoos from her too and my earrings. I helped her get together with Jimin too. Still can't believe it's been 3 years."

"You missed them didn't you?" Jae-Yeol asks.

"Yeah," I admit. " But I'm so glad I've met you." I take his hand in mine and intertwine our fingers.

"I'm glad I met you too," he smiles and squeezes my hand slightly. "Anyway how did you meet Jimin?"

"We went to school together and both had a mutual-" I get hit over before I can finish my sentence. My hand slips out of Jae-Yeol's.

"Gosh are you alright?" A familiar voice asks me. I see a boxy smile accompanied by a large hand looking down towards me.

It's Tae.