Chapter 5 - Why?

"What does she mean by 'I suppose you shouldn't' Tae?" I ask him as he looks at the floor.

"She doesn't like the idea of me dating someone outside of the business industry," he explains. "But I won't let her stop me."

"I thought you told me your mother died," I ask. He looks towards the front door.

"She's not my mother," he says angrily.

"But she told you to call her mother," I state.

"She's my step mother, and Mi-Rae is my step sister," he explains. It makes sense, I've never seen either of them around before.
"She married my father last month," he says. "That's why I went out with my friends. I can't stand her or the majority of her family. It's her fault I made that mistake." He clenches his fists and his nails begin to dig into my hand. I turn to him and hold his face in his my hand. I kiss him to show whatever happens I'll love him.

"I should get going," I say after I pull away from this kiss. "I'll see you tomorrow." He smiles, nods and says goodbye.

***

I walk into our house and throw my bags down on the sofa. I trudge my way up the stairs. Once I'm there I flop myself onto my bed. It's 6pm.

Where's Ru-Ri? She never goes anywhere without telling me.

"Ru-Ri!" I shout and I walk around the house looking for her. I walk around the whole area, not finding any sign of her. My phone pings.

I've gone out I'll be back later.
-Ru-Ri

Thanks Ru-Ri. Later is so specific.

I walk back upstairs to my room and close my eyes thinking about what Tae told me.

He told me he loves me. I told him I love him. It's perfect.

"Shit, what about Jungkook?" I say sitting straight upright. I put my hand on my head. "I need to tell him as soon as possible." I stand up, walk down the stairs and begin to put my shoes on when there's a knock at the door. I stand up, both my shoes on and walk towards it.

"Jungkook?" I say as he stands there in front of me. He walks in without an invitation.

"Why did you do that?" He asks facing away from me. I can feel the anger radiating off of his body.

"What did I do?" I ask.

"Why did you get back together with him?" He asks turning around and coming towards me. He pins me in between his body and the wall.

"Why shouldn't I have?" I ask. "He loves me and I love him." He bangs his fist into the wall.

"Of course," Jungkook says licking his lips and looking towards his fist that's above my head. "Of course he does." He turns around and walks away.

"Why do you hate him so much when you don't even know him?" I ask frustrated. He put his hands behind his head.

"Why?" He says turning around. He stares me in the eyes. "Because he takes away the things that matter to me." His eyes begin to tear up.

"Jungkook," I say softly, walking towards.

"I thought I'd found something he could never take away," he says still staring me in the eye. "But I guess I was wrong." He walks past me straight towards the door. The door opens on him. He gives Ru-Ri a stare that could kill then pushes past her. My eyes are creating a river.

"Ai-yeon?" She says. Walking towards me. I can't listen to her right now. I turn away and start running up the stairs.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," I hear Ru-Ri say to someone.