Chapter 17 - Will You Marry Me?

"Come on kids," Jimin shouts as me and Jungkook walk slowly down the stairs to the beach hand in hand. I giggle a little which makes Jungkook smile. I've felt so happy and comfortable over the last few days. Jungkook telling me in perfect definitely boasted my spirits. I've been in America for 3 days now, this being the forth one. I've made friends with Namjoon, it turns out he was so quiet in the car when we first arrived because he struggles with driving and needed to focus. He's very sweet and kind, I can where Jungkook gets it from. Hoseok is also very nice, like how I imagine an older brother would be, he's kind and supporting and yesterday taught me about boogaloo popping.

I push my toes into the warm sand. I wiggle them slightly knocking the sand off of my pinky purple nails. Using my free hand I fiddle with the hem of the shorts in my jumpsuit. The blue flowers suit the white background they lay on top of. Jungkook is wearing a pair of white swimming trunks that show off his muscly legs. He's also wearing a plain white top over the top which is slightly see through.

I'm so glad he's my lover.

We join the others and set up the camping chair that we have brought down with us. Sitting and watching the young children and the waves to me is just something that puts me at ease. The blue water rolls over itself creating white horses that run forwards towards us before disappearing.

"Hey Hoseok," Jimin smiles. "Look it's you." He points to the waves. Hoseok looks at him with confusion. "The horses in the waves."  Hoseok gets up from the picnic blanket and chases Jimin into the sea. Jimin heads straight in and drives under the water.

"Sometimes I wonder if Jimin is a child," Sam says. I laugh and nod my head.

"Same with this one," I say pointing at Jungkook.

"Hey I'm way more mature than Hyung," Jungkook says. I hum in sarcastic manner. Jungkook scoffs and sits back in his chair. I look into the water to see Jimin and Hoseok splashing each other with water and Namjoon standing at the edge of the water judging them, severely judging them. Well that is until he jumps in the water too and joins them.

Jimin jumps revealing his abs through his pale blue shirt. Hoseok hits him in the stomach and laughs.

"Nice tattoo you got there," Hoseok smiles.

"And abs," Namjoon joins in.

"Neither of you have abs," Jimin laughs pointing at the two of them.

"I have more than him," Namjoon and Hoseok say in sync.

"Hey Jungkook," I say. "You should join their ab-off." I smile cheekily.

"Why should I?" He asks putting a piece of new paper over his face.

"What? Aren't you confident in yourself?" I tease.

"Fine if you're going to be like that," he stands up and lifts his top over his head. I'd forgotten just how toned his abs are. Be turns round smirks and tenses his pectoralis muscles. He winks at me then joins the other boys.

"That was to get him shirtless, wasn't it?" Sam asks.

"Abs-olutely," I respond.

"Of course," she laughs. "But that pun was awful."

***

After about 20 minutes of sunbathing for us girls and the boys playing around in the water they come out. They drip by us. Jungkook's moist abs glisten in the sunlight.

"You done staring at my body yet?" Jungkook asks running his hands through his dripping hair.

"The sun was reflecting off of them," I sass back. "I'm just like a moth to a flame. And you're the flame." I seductively bite my lip and rub my fingers down his abs. Everyone is silent until Hoseok speaks.