Chapter 32- Long Time, No See

After the doctor came in, we almost immediately went home. Jae-Yeol stayed close to me as he knew how fragile I was feeling. Now we're home at Ru-Ri's.

"So Ai-yeon, Jang-mi and Na-yu came back from the states yesterday, would you like me to invite them round?" Ru-Ri asks me. I smile and nod.

"Sounds good," I smile. "You should invite Tae as well. And Sam and Jimin." She nods.

"Good idea," she smiles then turns towards the kitchen to yell at Jin. Looks like we're having a bit of a do!" She shouts at Jin.

"Stop with the mum language," I shout after her. I turn to Jae-Yeol and smile. "You get to meet even more of my friends." Jae-Yeol laughs and takes my hands on his.

"And aren't I glad to meet them," he chuckles.

***

A few hours later, at dinner, people start arriving. The first to turn up are Jang-mi and Tae. The two of them continued to date for the last 3 years, even though Jang-mi was disappearing a lot to do shows and competitions.

"I heard someone is back," a familiar, hyper excitable voice says. "There she is." Jang-mi runs towards me and wraps her arms around me. "The woman of the hour." She holds my hands. "Wow you've grown up so much." She laughs.

"You haven't," I respond jokingly.

"I know and you love it," she smiles cheekily. She turns around and call Tae over. "Can I just say I love the haircut?" Jang-mihasnt changed at all, it's nice to have a familiar element of living here again.

"Thank you," I say just as Tae reaches us. I look up at him. He seems happy as he places his arm around Jang-mi's waist.

"Long time, no see," he grins in a boxy way.

"Nice to see you too Tae," I say opening my arms out. He releases Jang-mi and hugs me. It feels warm and comforting, like a friends hug should be.

"Wait a minute," he says. "Didn't I see you the other day?" I nod

"Yeah you hut into me and made me fall over," I explain. He face palms. "Its okay, I didn't expect you to realise it was me." He laughs.

"Well next time I'll say hello as well as apologising," he says. There's another knock at the door. I go over to it and open it. Sam and Jimin stand there. I welcome them in.

"What did you do with the kids?" I joke. Jimin smiles and winks. Sam hits him on the shoulder.

"We sent them to stay with Jimin's parents," Sam explains. I nod to show my understanding. "Anyway let's have fun." They step inside and as I try to close the door. Na-yu runs round the corner and quickly gets inside just before I shut the door. Ru-Ri looks up and grins really widely. Jin and Jae-Yeol step into the living room with the last bits of food. Jae-Yeol came an sat next to me as I watch Jimin, Na-yu and Ru-Ri hug.

"What's with them?" He questions smiling and placing his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh, they're siblings," I explain. "Well Jimin and Na-yu are direct siblings and Ru-Ri is their half sister." He nods in understanding then suddenly laughs. "What?"

"Its just, you're all just a huge family," he tells me. "Even more so when you were dating that Jungkook guy." I nod, having never thought of it like that before. "Sam is married to Jimin and then Jimin's siblings are Na-yu and Ru-Ri. Ru-Ri is basically your sister and she and Jin are going to get married. Then when you were dating Jungkook, his stepbrother is Tae, who's dating Jang-mi." He chuckles again. "It's just a big family."

After Ru-Ri catches up with her siblings, she walks over to us and sits next to me. Jimin's phone pings and he takes it out of his pocket.

"You having fun?" She asks me. I nod, holding a piece of chicken in my hand as I've just taken it out of my mouth. I quickly shallow and go to say something.

"Everything just feels so perfect," Ru-Ri smiles clutching her drink in one hand.

"Yeah, perfect," I respond.

"Um Aiyeon," Jimin says awkwardly, approaching me. "Can we talk?" Jimin takes me into the corner with a serious expression on his face.

"What is it?" I ask. He takes his phone out and shows me the screen. He's been texted by Jungkook.

"He knows you're back," Jimin says. He takes me by my shoulders. "You need to talk to him, and soon."

"Everyone's been telling me not to," I explain. "I was told he has a girlfriend and everything. I don't think it's a good idea."

"You need to save him," Jimin tells me.  He sounds too serious. "I wasn't going ask you to do this, but I found out that his girlfriend isn't just seeing him. I think she's dangerous. The last guy she dated, well, he's the one that killed Ru-Ri's mother." My brain stops. I stare forwards thinking about the precious life thay was lost. I can't help but blame myself for Jungkook's position.

"I'll help," I tell him with confidence even though my eyes are beginning to water.

"Okay," Jimin says. "Well, he's in the park currently. If you can get there soon, I'm sure he'll be there. We just got to get you out." I think for second before the idea hits my head immediately.

"Play a game," I suggest quickly.

"Like what?" He asks.

"Drunk twister, I don't know," I say raising my pitch slightly due to stress. Jimin claps my idea.

"Great idea," he says. "I'll get it set up. You go find Jungkook." Jimin calls everyone to play a game, I use the time he's giving me to slip out the front door.

I run down the streets, knowing if I don't get there he won't be there anymore. I reach the park quicker than I expected. I look around to see if I can see anyone. As expected the first sense that picks up Jung kook is my nose. The stench of cigarettes enters my nose. I walk forwards the smell and notice Jungkook on the swings. I creep towards me.

"You know Ai-yeon," he says. "Most people just ask for one." Turns to face me holding his cigarette out in my direction. "Long time, no see." He smirks.

***

A/n: Jungkook is back. I hope everyone is excited by the return and warning from Jimin. What could those lead to I wonder? 🤔🤔🤔