Chapter 33- I Promise

"Long time no see," he smirks, taking another puff from his cigarette. I stand watching him dumbfounded. How is he not freaking out? My heart is in my throat and, even though I chose to come here, I'm scared.

"Yeah," I say quietly. "H-how have y-you been?" I comes out as a scared stutter. He laughs to the sky before turning his head to look me straight in the eye.

"How do you think I've been?" He says standing up. He walks closer to me, eventually leaning over me. "How- WHAT THE FUCK!" He yells at me. I place my hands in front of my face.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"I told you I can't live without you," he mutters. "Yet you left anyway, like you wanted me to die." A tear falls from his eye. "Do you know how hard it was for me to come back from a fun night to an empty house? Then I heard from Jimin that you left."

"I'm sorry," I say again. My eyes welling up.

"Do you think, after all the pain you put me through, sorry is enough?" He asks again. "After you left I tried to kill myself. That's what you did for me. I felt like I had nothing left. You promised me you'd make me happier, but instead you left." Tears cascaded down his face like a waterfall. "Now you're back just to hurt me again." He pauses and takes a deep breath. "I saw you. I saw you with him. Tell me Ai-yeon, who is he?" I swallow making my mouth even drier than before.

"His name is Jae-Yeol," I say trying to avoid admit our relationship.

"Who is he?" Jungkook whispers. Tears are glowing in the moonlight.

"He's... He's my boyfriend," I admit, hanging my head.

"It's okay," Jungkook sniffs trying to pull the tears back into his head. "I have a girlfriend now too."

"Really?" I say pretending to be shocked. He sits back down the swings. I awkwardly walk around him to sit on the other one.

"Her name is YooJin," he smiles to himself. "I think we should meet up again, Ai-yeon. We should meet again tomorrow."

"I'd love to," I tell him quickly. "But I think my friends would notice if I suddenly disappeared." He nods his head in understanding before pouting like a puppy. Then I remember Jimin, he's probably help me out. "I can probably meet up for lunch though." He looks up at me with happy eyes and hugs me tightly.

"That sounds great, I could kiss you," he says with me between his arms, I hear rustle. "But I won't." He laughs to himself and strokes my hair. "You know I thought if I ever saw you again if want to kill you, but for some reason I just can't hate you." He leaves me and runs off. I break down into tears and sit on the woodchipped floor in a fetal position. I keep trying to wipe the tears of guilt away but more splash onto my face as I do.

My phone buzzes and the ringtone begins to play. Upon looking at the screen I see Jimin's number. I swipe to the side to pick up the phone and press it against my ear.

"Hello?" I say quickly trying to mask my sniffly voice.

"You need to come back quick," Jimin tells me. "They can only play drunk twister for so long." I nod even though he can't see it.

"I'll be home quickly," I shove my phone into my pocket and rush down the street wiping anyway any evidence of tears that may be visible. I text Jimin when I reach the front door and almost immediately get yanked inside.

I see Jae-Yeol, Jin and Tae almost straddling one another. Jae-Yeol looks like he wants to die. I laugh as I see them.

"Hey Na-yu, Sam, can you come over here?" Jimin asks. They both nod and walk over to us. We stand in a circle and Jimin begins to talk again. "Ai-yeon has agreed to help us try and split up YooJin and Jungkook." They nod again. Maybe they've been working on this plan for a while.

"I've agreed to meet up with him tomorrow for lunch. But obviously Jae-Yeol can't come with us and neither can Jin and Ru-Ri," I explain.

"I'm going to ask Jae-Yeol and Jin to hang out tomorrow so they don't start to wonder where Ai-yeon is," Jimin says. "But we were wondering if one of you can ask to spend the day with Ru-Ri and the other lie that you're with Ai-yeon." Jimin puts his hands together and goes slightly.

"You're asking me to lie," Na-yu says with a look of disgust on her face. "That's my specialty. I'll ask Ru-Ri to hang out, it makes sense as we're siblings."

"Okay, I'll say I'm with Ai-yeon tomorrow then," Sam smiles mischeviously.

"Alright let's do this," Jimin says putting his hand in the middle. We all give him strange looks. In the end we all put our hands in the centre anyway. There's a crash behind us. We turn around to see the boys sprawled out on top of each other on the twister mat. Jae-Yeol is being crushed by Jin, who is very uncomfortably under Tae. I smile and laugh at Jae-Yeol whilst I shake my head.

"I'm glad I wasn't part of that game," Jimin laughs happily. By the end of the evening it had been decided that Sam was going to pick me up in the morning then we'll sort everything out from then. After some persuading Ru-Ri knew it'd be fine to spend a day with her sister. I am happy everything's going to work out.

And Jungkook, even if it takes the rest of my life, I'm going to save you. I promise.