Chapter 26 - Without You

"This food looks delicious," Jang-mi smiles ad the waiter puts it down on the table.

"Sure does," Seulgi smiles. The six of us are sitting round the table laughing and chatting. Na-yu joined us at the restaurant.

"So," Ru-Ri begins. "Why was Tae at your house Jang-mi?"

"I've been exposed," Jang-mi says covering her face with her hands. "Don't look at me." She hisses. It's like watching a little kid re-enact a scene from a movie.

"Come on Jang-mi, tell us," Seulgi asks pushing her arm.

"Fine," Jang-mi says. She flicks her hair behind her should and leans forwards. "He came to talk to me about acting." Everyone sighs in disappointment but I realise the holes in her story straight away.

"What, for 4 hours?" I question.

"Okay fine," she sighs. "He came to ask about our relationship."

"You have a relationship?" Seulgi says raising an eyebrow.

"Well I got close to him 6 weeks ago when he and Ai-yeon broke up," she explains. "Then he came round a few times.

"Oi oi," Sam says wiggling her eyebrows.

"Not like that Sam. We just started talking about life and our experiences," she says, her words dropping off at the end. "And a couple days ago we kissed." She says the last bit so quietly that only Seulgi and I can hear her.

"I'm proud of you Jang-mi," Seulgi says. We all look at Seulgi in a questioning manner. On the outside it would appear that Jang-mi knows everything about everyone but on closer inspection you'll see that it is in fact Seulgi that does.

"She's proud of me because..." Jang-mi starts. She decides not finish the sentence.

"You don't have to tell them," Seulgi says comforting her.

"No I want to," she tells Seulgi. "I got abused by first boyfriend."

"Oh my god," Sam says. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine now," Jang-mi smiles. "He left no physical marks so my body recovered. It was never anything more than bruises." Now Jang-mi's attitude makes sense to me, she acts confident and cocky as if to say don't come near me I'm a strong person, even if on the inside she lacks all the confidence in the world. She's so nosey about other people love lives so she can live vicariously through them. We all nod and except her confession. I can see she's happy that she finally told us what happened.

"So now I'm getting into a relationship with Tae," she smiles. "I honestly thought I'd never be able to date again but Tae's so sweet and kind and caring that I'm happy I decided to get involved with him."

The conversation about relationships carried on. Seulgi told us nearly everything that had happened with Yoongi, from the day they met up to now. It was nice to learn about everyone's past, even if I'd never see them again.

We reach the end of the meal, everyone is finishing off the last bits of pudding from their plates and I finally speak up.

"I'm leaving," I say quickly. All their eyes divert straight onto me.

"What do you mean?" Ru-Ri asks.

"I'm leaving Seoul," I admit. "Tomorrow evening. That's why I was speaking to all the guys earlier to say goodbye to them."

"You can't do this," Ru-Ri says. "You can't just leave me like this. You're practically my sister and you just plan to get up and disappear." I nod my head.

"I'm going to start over Ru-Ri," I tell her. "It's not that I don't want you in my life, it's that I want to try again with everything." She breathes in heavily.