Chapter 9 -Something Stupid

"I won't marry who you choose," a familiar voice says. Jungkook says. "And I'm not your son. Not any more."

"Jungkook," you hear Tae's stepmother say softly.

"You remarried a month after Dad died," he replies. "And you think I'll still think if you as my mother after that. You may biologically be my mother but in my heart you're as good as the rest of this fucking family." His hand slams on the table. A hand wraps itself round my waist and pulls me up against a body. The body sits me up against the wall on top of them. I go to scream but they cover my mouth.

"You don't want to scream," the body tells me. "Trust me."

In the next second the door burst open and Jungkook comes storming out. He walks quickly down the road, a walk that soon turns into a run. The hand let's go of my mouth and I climb off of them.

"Sorry," a short boy with black hair says, scratching the back of his head.

"Jimin?" I say questioning whether or not it is actually him.

"Bingo," he says pointing at me. Both of our voices are still quiet. "Now come on. You probably want an explanation." He grabs my hand and we walk out of Tae's house's grounds.

***

We make it into a small cafe which is very out of the way. It is dark and shadowy only playing obscure music from a couple decades ago. He sits me down at a table and begins to talk.

"So you've probably work out by now that Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook are stepbrothers," he says. I nod. "Would you like to know the story?"

"Please," I answer. I've really wanted to know things about Jungkook ever since I met him. Why he smokes? Where he's from? Why he's always upset?

"In the beginning Tae and Jungkook were friends. Good friends actually. As you know Tae's mother died, and Jungkook was there to help him through it. But two months ago Jungkook's dad died and Tae wasn't there to help him. It got worse when a month after his father died, Jungkook's mother married Tae's father. However Jungkook had no idea. When he came back from America he found out what happened and resented his whole family and Tae's family too," Jimin explains.

"And where were you during this?" I ask him. "And how do you know about this?" He rubs his chin and leans into his hand.

"I was friend with the two when we were little," he says. "Just before Tae's mother died I moved to America. However I stayed in contact with both of them through email. So I knew exactly what was happening." It makes sense. "Come on let's do something stupid." He gets up and offers his hand, whilst smiling like am idiot. I look at him confused.

"What do you mean by stupid?" I ask. He places his elbow onto the table and leans into his hand.

"What do you think is stupid?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Like getting a tattoo or a piercing," I say trying to come with some idea.

"Then let's do that," he says taking my hand and pulling me out of the restaurant. I try to resist what he's suggesting.

I can't get a tattoo, is this man crazy?

We keep walking on the outside of the city until we reach a tattoo and piercing parlour. We walk in still hand in hand. There's a lady in thick black glasses sitting at a desk. She has tattoos coating her arms. Her hair has been dyed blonde and shaved at the side.

"Hello and welcome," she says without looking up. Her voice is high pitched and sweet, it doesn't suit her outward demeanour. Jimin smiles at her.

"Is that how you greet an old friend?" Jimin asks. She looks up. Her face fills with both anger and happiness. She stands up and runs towards him. He puts his hands out for a hug, but once she gets there she slap him on the face.