Chapter 29- Love

"Tae?" I question under my breath. He pulls me up to my feet where i then get a very good look at his face. I thank the gods he didn't hear me.

"Sorry about that," he smiles. It doesn't appear as though he recognises me. I breathe out a sigh of relief. He smiles to Jae-Yeol then begins to walk away.

"Do you know him?" Jae-Yeol asks. I hold Jae-Yeol's hand again as we begin to walk down the street once more.

"Well the truth is," I say, Jae-Yeol clearly becoming suspicious. "He's an ex." He smiles. "Don't worry, I'm completely loyal to you now." I smile very genuinely.

"That's good," he smiles back before squeezing my hand to make sure I'm aware he's fine.
"To be honest, I forgot you'd been out with other people before, stupid I know."

"Yeah, two actually, both live here," I admit. "He was one of them and the other is dating I think."

"That's good," he smiles, squeezing my hand once again. "Now I don't have to worry about losing you."

After a few more minutes of walking along the dim, dark and dirty paths we come across a very familiar park. I look into it to see if it's changed however everything from the colour of the swings is the same. I quickly walk on by remembering Sam and Ru-Ri's warnings about going there.

We reach the house of my good friend and step inside. She greets us happily. When we get inside we see welcome home banners and cake and fairy lights scattered around the kitchen.

"Welcome home," Ru-Ri smiles. "I should have done this earlier but I had other things to think about." I jerk my head to the side in a questioning manner. "Well." She turns her head and smiles at Jin. He nods his head. They take each other's hands and look into each other's eyes with intent, whereas Jae-Yeol and I turn to each other cluelessly. We turn back to the smiling faces of my friends.

"We're getting married!" Jin and Ru-Ri say at the same time, filling the room with happiness. I hug Ru-Ri and we start jumping up and down like little girls. Jae-Yeol takes Jin's hand and shakes it.

"I know I only met you today," Jae-Yeol says shaking his hand securely. "But congratulations." Jin pulls him into a hug.

"Thanks, I'm sure we'll be great friends by the end of your trip," Jin smiles.

Ru-Ri and I stop jumping around like idiots and just smile.

"I'm so proud of you," I tell her. "I'm sure your mum would be too." She laughs.

"I'm sure too, mum always liked people like Jin," she says.

"Do you remember when we were kids and we have competitions about who would get married first?" I ask jokingly.

***

"Don't I look stunning?" Ru-Ri smiles wearing her mum's white dress. As a young child she looks ridiculous.

"Of course," I smile. She twirls around with a big grin on her face.

"I can't wait until I grow up and marry a handsome man," she laughs playing with the folds in her dress.

"I'll get there first," I challenge. "I will dress in beautiful white dress and walk down the isle gracefully."

"I'll be beautiful princess like in those Disney films," Ru-Ri laughs. "But let's promise each other that well walk down the isle together, as neither of us have a dad to do so." I nod my head in agreement.

***

I hold the magazine over my head as I lie down on Ru-Ri's bed. My music plays loudly, blasting songs like I am the best and Be Mine. I wiggle my foot along to the beat of the songs. Ru-Ri stands in my door frame watching me. She has her arms crossed over her stomach and is leaning on the frame itself. I signal to her with my hand. She walks in and takes the magazine out of my hand to see what I was looking at.