Chapter 23 - I Love Her Too

I drop the scissors then drop to the fall and start crying. Tae steps back whereas Jungkook comes to my side really quickly.

"What just happened?" Tae asks backing up into the wall behind him.

"It's a night terror," Jungkook informs him. "Usually they're not this bad."

"When did these start happening?" Tae asks. Jungkook gulps.

"When I proposed to her," Jungkook answers. Tae turns round and punches the wall.

"So it's true then," he says. "She's cheating on me with my own brother. Isn't that cliché." Jungkook strokes my back before standing up.

"Yes it's true," Jungkook says vowing his head.

"She's been banging you behind my back?" He states. "Who am I kidding? Ai-yeon hasn't even lost her virginity." I start crying more loudly. Jungkook becomes quiet. Tae's suspicion rises.
"Wait-"

"She was drunk," Jungkook justifies.

"But you weren't, right?" Tae says putting his hand on his forehead. "Is taking girls virginities a game to you, Jungkook?" Jungkook shakes his head.

"It was his first time too," I chip it, standing up then wiping the rears from my eyes. I stand tall, trying to show I'm fine.

"First and only hopefully," Tae says.

"No," I say confidently. "It has happened three times." Tae stares angrily at Jungkook.

"I'm sorry Tae," Jungkook says. "But I love her."

"I love her too," Tae shouts.

"I love you Tae," I say walking towards the two boys. Tae rolls his eyes very dramatically. "I just don't love you in the same way I love Jungkook. I want you as a friend, as a good friend."

"So everything we've been through, it doesn't matter?" Tae says angrily.

"Of course it matters, you matter," I argue.

"Then what's the last 2 years of us been, just a waste?" He snaps.

"No," I say strongly. "Its been an adventure. A way of gaining experience." Tae's face suddenly loses all anger. He sighs and punches the wall again.

"Dammit," he says. "I just can't seem to hate you Ai-yeon." I smile. "You know what? Jungkook, I'm grateful you're the one she chose instead of me. You're a great man and you'll make her happy. I have an idea; Ai-yeon let's forget our relationship ever happened."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes," he confirms. "We'll just remember it but never tell anyone. We'll go back to what we should have always been, good friends. Jungkook, thank you for being what I couldn't for her." He gives Jungkook a hug. "Welcome to the family." They smile at each other. It feels like everything being fixed. Tae begins to walk away then turns around at the door. "Oh and you better beat that bitch, Na-yu, to the curb tomorrow at school. I understand it wasn't her secret to tell." With that, he leaves.

"You know," Jungkook says changing the conversation topic. "I won the bet."

"The bet?" I question.

"About Hoseok and Anya," he says.

"But they did hook up," I say.

"Yeah two days after the party," Jungkook laughs sitting back onto my bed. "Face it, you lost."

"Sure fine," I sigh. "I'll do what you want." He stand up and wraps his arm around my waist. He pulls me closer to him so that our bodies are touching closely and intimately.