Chapter 12 - Never Smile

"So how was it?" I ask Ru-Ri as we sit at the bar in our kitchen.

"It was nice," she responds. "Ryeo-ok's wife was really sweet and she appeared to accept me. Na-yu seemed very irritated by my presence though. Do you know if done things been bothering her recently?" I think for a but but nothing comes to mind.

"I don't think so," I tell her. "You can never really tell with Na-yu."

"Oh okay," she sighs. "Something else I found out last night is that Na-yu and Jimin are brother and sister." My mouth drops open in surprise.

"What really?" I say. "I never would assumed Jimin came from a rich family. Then again he is friends with Jungkook and Tae."

"Speaking of Tae," she begins. "Why was he hiding behind the kitchen counter last night?" I blush and start laughing.

"You noticed," I chuckle. "Well he missed me so he just turned up." I smile.

"You're nervous laughing Ai-yeon," Ru-Ri says. "You haven't told him about you and Jungkook yet, have you?"

"No," I sigh. "I want to but every time I go to say something, something else stops me. It doesn't matter before anything could happen Sam turned up."

"Sam?" She asks. I'd completely forgotten she doesn't know Sam.

"Jimin's fuck buddy," I explain. "Except for the fact she's fallen in love with him and I think he has too."

"Wait, what?" She asks not comprehending what I've told her about her half-brother. "How do you know this?"

"Jimin told me," I smile. "The day I got my tattoo and piercings."

"I thought you were with Jungkook on that day," she says.

"I wasn't. Well not until the very end," I answer. "But yeah now you know something about your brother." My phone pings. It's a message from Tae.

You know how you said you'd do something with me later this week?
-Tae

Yeah
-Ai-yeon

How about a date? This Friday?
-Tae

I'd love toヽ(•‿•)ノ
-Ai-yeon

***

The 4 days passed. Nothing exciting happened. People found out about Jimin and Ru-Ri being related but that's about all. They only found out because Jimin kept referring to her as "little sis." They've got closer. From what I can tell Jimin hasn't been talking to Sam that much. She keeps telling me she feels as though he's being distant. She feels upset. The other day she was crying when she was on the phone to me. Something is definitely not right. I packed my bag for America on Thursday.

After our last lecture finishes, Tae and Jimin walk over to me and my friends. I smile and Tae and he takes my hand. I see Jungkook out of the corner of my eye. He doesn't look mad however, he just smiles sweetly and waves. I still feel guilty though. I am about to spend a week with him.

"You ready?" Tae asks me, smiling cheekily. I nod but then I remember.

"Can I just talk to Jimin first?" I ask. He agrees meaning me and Jimin go and stand off in a corner. I fidget with my fingers.

"You wanted to talk?" He questions. I nod.

"Yeah about Sam," I tell him. He sighs.

"What about her?" He asks. There's a sense of anger to his voice. Something doesn't feel right.