Chapter 12- I'm not afraid.

Song for this chapter: Not Afraid- Eminem

Celeste's dad on the side ------>

-----------

Luke's POV:

"I'm taking Celeste to the lake tonight," I told my mum over the phone. I had been telling her about Celeste lately...

"That's so sweet, Luke. You're such a good boyfriend," she told me.

"Thanks, mum," I smiled.

"Well, I have to go, but call me later okay?" Mum asked.

"Okay," I nodded.

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I looked at the time and it read 5:50.

"Shit!" I completely forgot that I was picking Celeste up at six, and I'm not even ready. I opened my drawer and grabbed my only swimsuit and put it on as fast as I could.

"What's your rush?" Calum asked and I practically ran out the door.

"Gotta pick up Celeste in ten minutes!" I replied before going to the car and driving off to Celeste's.

"Hey, Luke. Celeste will be ready in a minute," her mum greeted me at the door.

"Okay," I nodded.

She invited me inside and offered me a glass of water. Celeste was right. She was the best manager ever.

"Mum, is Luke here?" I heard Celeste call from her room.

"He just got here," her mum replied.

Celeste rushed out of her room and stopped a few feet away from me.

"Hey," she gave me a quick kiss.

"Hi," I smiled afterwards.

"Have fun!" Her mum called after us.

I drove, and the car ride was silent, but it was actually very comfortable.

"We're here," I announced.

"The lake?" She questioned.

"Thought it would be romantic," I shrugged, smiling.

"It's beautiful," she commented, looking around.

"I've seen better," I said, taking a look at her.

She did look really good. She had a purple sundress on, and I could see the straps of her swimsuit, which was black. She blushed at my comment, and I got out the pre-packed stuff in the trunk.

"A picnic by the lake. How nice," Celeste sat down on the blanket I laid out.

"I've always loved it here. It was my getaway when I needed to step away from the world," I agreed.

"Did you used to come here a lot?" She wondered.

"Yeah. I used to get bullied," I answered.

"Aw, I'm sorry," she grabbed my hand, which made me feel a bit better.

"Its fine. But you know what makes it more special?" I turned to her.

"No, what?" She looked at me in confusion.

"You're here with me," I responded.

She grinned and leaned on my shoulder, watching the sunlight die down, before speaking.

"I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend," she finally told me.

"And I couldn't have a better girlfriend," I held her hand tighter, and she relaxed.