Chapter 22- Follow Your Arrow.

Song for this chapter: Follow Your Arrow- Kacey Musgraves

----------------

Celeste's POV:

I was video chatting Caitlyn and Angie, and we weren't really talking about anything in particular.

"Calum and Luke are out, but Ashton and Michael are here. Ash! Mike!" Angie called.

Ashton and Michael appeared and smiled when they saw that I was video chatting.

"Hi, Cel!" Ashton waved.

"Hey, guys," I smiled at them.

Ashton whispered something to all of them, and they nodded. They all got up and left, leaving just Ashton.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I nodded.

"No. Really, are you okay?" He shook his head.

"I'm okay. I've had my friend Sam over, and my other friend Penny. Luke hasn't really crossed my mind," I said honestly.

"Good," Ashton sounded relieved.

I brushed my hair out of my face, and fixed my bracelets, which were covering my scars.

"Celeste, what are those?" Ashton asked. He must be talking about my bracelets.

"Um, bracelets," I answered.

"Celeste," he said sternly.

I sighed and decided to tell him the truth. I lifted up my arm, removed my bracelets, and showed him the fresh scars.

"Cel, why?" He shook his head.

"I can't help it if Luke makes me feel like absolute shit," I replied.

"This is because of Luke?" He wondered.

"Yeah. All because of Luke, he basically told me to do this," I nodded.

"Cel, I know Luke said those things in a hurtful way, but he wouldn't want you to hurt yourself like this," Ashton said.

"I heard him loud and clear, he doesn't care about me like I thought he did," I mumbled.

"Do you want me to tell him or...?" Ashton asked.

"No, don't tell him. I don't need his sympathy," I shook my head.

"Okay. Well, we've got a show tonight, so I'll talk to you later."

"Bye, Ash."

"Bye."

I ended the call and shut my laptop. I can't believe I just showed Ashton what I did. I'm ashamed now because of it.

He's right, I shouldn't have done that because of Luke. It was a stupid thing to do, and I realize that now.

Luke's POV:

Calum and I were out, trying to get our minds off a few things. Michael and Ashton stayed behind to hang out with Caitlyn and Angie.

I really regret saying what I said to Celeste, she didn't deserve to hear that, and I felt terrible.

I don't like the fact that she's hanging out with this Sam guy. I don't get a good feeling about him. I haven't even met him, an I want to punch him.

Celeste was right, she didn't change me, I changed because I couldn't handle myself. Now I see that maybe what I said to her is causing her to rethink our relationship, and the chances of us getting back together probably went down majorly.

I regret becoming the way I am, and it wasn't Celeste's fault. It's mine. I didn't want to blame her, but me, being the loudmouth, it slipped out by accident.

"Come on, Cal, let's go back to the hotel," I suggested.

"Good idea," he agreed.

We started to walk back towards the hotel, which was right down the road from where we were, when Calum's phone rang.

"Hi, Ashton." Pause. "Yes, we're on our way." Pause. "I'll tell him. Bye."

Calum turned to look at me, and told me that we had a show and to hurry back.

We got back to the hotel, just in time, because ashton was holding both Calum's and my guitar.

"There you guys are," Michael observed.

"Sorry, we lost track of time," I made up an excuse.

"We're on our way to the arena," Angie informed us.

We piled in the big SUV and Ashton drove to the arena. The whole car ride was really silent, which made me a little suspicious. Usually Ashton or Michael would be loud in some way, but everyone was unusually quiet today.

"Okay, what the fuck is going on?" I broke the silence.

"What do you mean?" Caitlyn asked.

"Everyone's very quiet. Why?" I wondered.

"We're just tired, that's all," Michael declared.

"Ashton hasn't said a word to me all day," I pointed out.

"Don't worry, he's done that to all of is today," Angie said.

We arrived to the arena and went in the back entrance, carrying our instruments with us.

"Soundcheck in ten minutes!" The stage manager called to us.

I tuned my guitar and went out on stage, playing a few chords. I just wasn't feeling like playing a show. I felt, well, guilty.

Guilty for hurting the girl I love. Guilty for making her feel like shit.

"Bro, you okay?" Calum put his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah," I lied. I don't want him to know that Celeste and I broke up. We've kept the secret this long, I'm sure we can manage to keep it a little longer.

"Good. Come on, let's practice," I followed him on stage.

Ashton was playing a beat on the drums, but didn't look like himself. I wonder what's going on with him. I'm worried about him. Poor Ash.

I think he messed up, so he slammed one of the drum sticks on the ground and glared at the drums.

"Ashton, are you okay?" I worried.

"I'm fine," he snapped.

I decided to leave him alone, since he seemed like he didn't want to talk to anyone. Fans started entering the arena, so we all went backstage.

"Good luck out there, baby," I saw Caitlyn kiss Ashton, and he smiled.

I miss having that, I miss Celeste kissing me before shows. I miss when she would wish me good luck and watch me from the crowd. I miss our relationship.

I miss her.

I guess I ruined the chance of that ever happening. I need to get my mind off her, and focus on this show.

If that's possible.

I followed the boys on stage, and took a deep breath.

"Hey, we're 5 Seconds Of Summer!" I shouted with as much confidence as I had.

------------

Guys, I know I used the subject of self harm in this chaper. Just know that it's not a good thing to do. If you are going through a rough spot right now, talk to someone. I'm here if anyone needs to talk, all you gotta do is message me.

Thanks, loves :)

-PaynesGirl