Chapter 39- Without you.

Song for this chapter: Half a Heart- One Direction

-------

Luke's POV:

It's been a little over two months now, and Ashton was still in the hospital. We were still living in this hotel in Seattle, patiently waiting for him to wake up.

Caitlyn hasn't talked to any of us in days, not even Celeste. I guess she's avoiding everyone right now. I didn't know how much it would hurt her, but it must be hurting a lot.

Celeste and I were planning to go on a date tonight, because we were both in desperate need of one.

The fans have been wondering why Ashton caused the tour to stop. I haven't been able to tell them, because it's painful to talk about. When your best friend's in a coma, I don't think you'd want to talk about it.

But today was different. Today I wanted to explain why everything was falling apart between all of us. I decided to tweet to the fans, explaining everything.

"@Luke5SOS: So you all want to know what happened to Ash. Truth is, Celeste and Caitlyn were kidnapped, so we had to go save them. Ash was shot, sent to the hospital, and he slipped into a coma. Don't worry about him too much, he'll wake up... Sorry we haven't told you, it's hard to talk about. Hope you understand :-)"

I shut my phone off, not wanting to see all the replies right now.

"Hey, ready to go?" Celeste asked, walking out of the bathroom.

"Yeah," I got up and smiled.

We walked down to the lobby, my arm around her waist. I loved moments like this, where we would walk in a comfortable silence and just be happy.

"I miss when we went on dates," Celeste broke the silence.

"I do too," I agreed.

We walked past the hotel arcade, and I stopped.

"Cel, we have to go in there!" I pointed to it.

"You're acting like an eight year old, but sure," she nodded.

I pulled her in the arcade, and the first game I went to was Pac-Man, cause you know, it's a cool game. I didn't get a very high score, because I completely sucked at it.

Celeste did way better than I thought she would, but I guess that's because she's a true gamer. I've never seen her lose a video game, she's really good.

"I beat you once again, Hemmings," she smirked.

"Yeah yeah, you always win," I rolled my eyes.

"Next game?" She asked.

"Ooh, how about this one?" I pointed to the crane one with all the stuffed animals.

"Okay, but to be honest, I'm bad that those," Celeste said.

"I have tons of luck when it comes to those games," I put a few quarters in the machine, and watched Celeste try to grab a stuffed bear.

"Fuck. See, I told you I'm bad at these," she huffed.

I decided to play, and reached for that same bear she was trying to get. Once I got it, I smiled.

"See? It's luck," I handed the bear to her.

"No fair. But thanks for the bear," Celeste gave me a kiss on the cheek.

We walked out of the arcade and back out in the lobby. We decided to try out this other place in the hotel that we didn't even know existed.

"Two," I told the hostess.

She grabbed two menus and led us to a small table in the back, next to a window that showed part of the city.

"I want to go up to the top in the space needle," Celeste was gazing at the city.

"Me too. Why don't we do that tomorrow?" I asked.

"Sure. Then, we can check out the market, I've heard they have some neat little shops," she agreed.

"Sounds like a plan," I nodded.

My right hand was resting on the table, so Celeste reached over the table and held it. I looked up at her, and saw that she was smiling.

"I love this," she whispered.

"Me too," I smiled at her.

Moments like this were perfect. No interruptions, just us. No one else was in the room, at least that's what it felt like to me.

Caitlyn's POV:

I feel like such a bitch. I've been ignoring my friends, and now I feel horrible. Celeste was right, I need to come out of my shell and be normal. I need to stop living behind a locked door.

I decided to get dressed and visit Ashton, for the first time in two weeks. I picked out some dark skinny jeans and my favorite 5SOS shirt. I brushed my hair and put it up in a neat ponytail, and applied some makeup.

I grabbed my phone waiting on the nightstand and made my way out of my room. When I got down to the lobby, I saw Luke and Celeste at dinner in the nice restaurant. I thought of the times when Ashton and I would go on cute dates like that.

Stop it. Don't start crying. You need to stop that.

I called a taxi and told the driver where to take me. The whole ride there was me just looking out the window, thinking about really pointless things.

When the driver pulled up to the hospital, I thanked him and gave him his pay with extra tip. I was feeling generous today. I walked in the hospital, and felt uneasy. I've always hated the ER.

"Excuse me, I'm here to see Ashton Irwin?" I told the nurse at the front desk.

She nodded and gave me a visitors pass. I walked past the desk and towards the elevator. I already knew that he was going to still look the same, but I still wanted to see him anyway.

I got to his room and went straight in, and I was right, he was still the same. Asleep. And still on life support. I sat in the chair next to his bed and held his hand, like I always do. It helps me relax.

"I love you, Ash. Life has been a living hell without you, but I'm getting stronger. Just know that I'll be here, when you wake up. I miss you, and the others do to. Band practices are not the same without you. The boys aren't the same. Celeste isn't the same. We've grown apart since you've been here. It's not your fault though, I promise. I love you, I hope you know that," and with that I squeezed his hand, and got up.

As soon as I turned around to leave, I couldn't believe what I heard.

"Caitlyn?"

----------

Lueste date I think yes

-PaynesGirl