Chapter 37- Here with me.

Song for this chapter: Bottle You Up- Zendaya

-----------

Caitlyn's POV:

When I woke up the next morning, I immediately looked over at Ashton. Nothing's changed. I should stop being so impatient, but I can't help it.

I looked at the clock on the wall to see what time it was. Damn, already eleven, I never sleep this late. I decided to sit up and make my way down to the cafeteria for some breakfast.

Hospital food is shit. It's disgusting and I hope to never taste it again. It's not even food, like what the fuck?

I sat down, with my tray of pancakes, bacon, and sausage, and started to eat. No one was really there, except for a few moms and their kids.

That got me thinking. That would be me later in the near future. I know I'm too young for this, but by the time I have the baby, I'll be twenty, just like Ashton.

Ashton. Right.

I finished my food and headed back up to Ashton's room. I grabbed a water on the way, and made my way to the elevator.

I was about to walk in the door, when a doctor stopped me.

"You can't go in there," he told me.

"Why not? I was allowed in there before," I asked.

"There's something wrong," he informed me. With that, he walked off the other way, talking to one of his patients.

Something wrong? Now reality hit me. Maybe they need to do another surgery. Maybe the bullet did more damage than they thought. Maybe the heart monitor line was flat.

Oh no. Not that. It can't be that. I need him. The band needs him. I love him too much to let him go so soon. His dream was finally coming true, and this had to ruin it.

Another doctor met me outside the door and when we made eye contact, he shook his head.

"I'm afraid there's bad news," he started.

"Okay," I pressed.

"Ashton isn't responding well to the treatment we gave him. I'm afraid he's slipped into a coma. I'm sorry," the doctor informed me.

A coma? No, that couldn't happen. No. Fuck. Who knows how long it could be before he wakes up, if he ever wakes up?

I looked at the doctor in shock, and just fell to the ground, crying. Sobbing. Doing anything to ease the pain. This can't be happening.

"You may go in and see him if you'd like," the doctor helped me up, and I gave him a small smile.

"Thank you," I mumbled, barely audible.

"No problem," he nodded, walking down the hallway and into another patients room.

I slowly opened the door, and saw that the doctors had him on life support. Why did this have to happen to him? Why didn't it happen to me? He was hooked up to even more machines, and the doctors shifted his position a little bit.

"It should've been me," I whispered.

Ashton's POV(oops I did it again):

Caitlyn was sitting next to my bed, holding my hand. She couldn't stop crying, no matter how hard she tried.

I couldn't help but want to wake up, to hug her, to kiss her, to tell her that I love her. But life didn't work like that. I wanted to hold on, for the sake of her and my unborn child.

I couldn't bear to see her like this, and I felt guilty knowing that there was nothing I could do about it. I stood by her chair, and touched her arm.

She flinched, but remained calm and just kept staring down at her hands. I then realized what I had to do, and what I'm going to do.

I have to hold on, for her.

Celeste's POV:

My phone started ringing, blaring my ringtone, She Looks So Perfect. I was still honestly in love with that song.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"Hey," Caitlyn muttered.

She sounded like she had been crying. She didn't sound like herself.

"Are you okay?" I worried.

"I've been better," she mumbled.

"What's going on? Is Ashton okay?" I asked.

"Not exactly," she replied.

"What do you mean, not exactly?" I wondered.

"He wasn't responding to the treatment, so he slipped into a coma. He's also on life support as of right now," she explained.

"Caiti, I'm so sorry," I sighed.

"It's not your fault. Listen, I'm gonna go, I don't have very good service," Caitlyn said.

"Okay. We'll come to visit later," I told her.

"Sounds good. See you later," Caitlyn hung up.

She was really a mess about this. Ashton's gotta get better, he has to. Caitlyn needs him more than ever now that she's pregnant, and he's stuck in the hospital on life support. Life sucks sometimes.

You know what, reality? You may kindly fuck off, thank you very much.

"Who was on the phone?" Luke asked, coming around the corner from the balcony.

"Caitlyn," I answered.

"What did she say? You look a little upset," he observed.

"Ashton wasn't responding to the treatment, he's now in a coma. The doctors had to put him on life support. No one knows when he'll wake up," I explained.

"Aw man, that's awful. I don't know how long I can go without Ashton's obnoxious jokes," he teased.

"Good attempt to lighten the mood a little bit," I giggled.

"Hey, at least I tried," he shrugged.

He's right. Ashton was usually the one to brighten everyone's day, because he's so outgoing and happy all the time.

But not now. Instead, he was in the hospital, in a coma, and he may never wake up.

Shut up, Celeste. Don't think like that! God. He'll be okay, he can make it, he's strong.

I didn't even notice that I was crying until I felt Luke wrap his arms around me protectively.

"It'll be okay, Cel," he assured me.

"He's my best friend," I muttered.

It's true. Besides Luke, Ashton was the one I was closest to in the band. He always knew what to say. Don't get me wrong, I love Calum and Michael to death, but Ashton was just different from them I guess.

"He'll be okay. Just stay positive," Luke whispered, rubbing my back, hoping to comfort me.

He will be. He'll be okay.

---------

*wipes away tear* DAMMIT WHAT HAVE I DONE

-PaynesGirl