Chapter One

Werewolves. Yes, that's what this story is about. We're talking about a world infested by them. Well...more like a city. The city of Exordium. The city that stands in all it's glory, and is pretty much nothing but tall buildings and pretty lights. Interesting, right?

There are two types of wolves here, what we call 'strays' and what we call 'domestics'. Domestics, are less of a 'threat' as everyone says. Only because they wish to give up their life in the wild to start living as human beings. But as for strays...they're more dangerous. They hunt, and they kill. Enough said. There is a forest on the east side of Exordium, about the size of a large ocean. That's where the strays live, and no one dares go in there. You can guess why. It's pretty much a death wish to walk in there, so don't do it. Overall, all werewolves are despised by humans in Exordium. Whether they're stray or not, they'll be wiped out the city if discovered. So if you live among the humans as a wolf, please be careful.

Well, that's enough of that introduction. Let's get on to the story, shall we?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

''I'm going to be late!'', Chanyeol bellowed down the halls of his house. Managing to keep his balance after a small slip on the stairs, he made it swiftly to the door. He hoped he had all his belongings in his bag, as he for sure was not running back up the stairs.

As soon as Chanyeol made it to college, he dashed into his classroom. Completely out of breath. He sat beside he best friend, Jongin, and didn't bother to achknowledge the strange stares he was recieving from everyone. Besides his teacher, who's stare burned through his soul.

''Sorry I'm late, miss'', Chanyeol panted. ''And what's the excuse this time, Mr. Park?'', his teacher pushed her glasses up her nose. She didn't look at him when he spoke, ''I overslept'', was all he could think of. ''Detention it'll be then'', she sipped her coffee loudly.

Chanyeol sighed deeply, then felt a pat on his shoulder. It was Jongin. ''You overslept?'', Jongin smiled. Chanyeol couldn't help but smile back, ''pfft, no. I was texting Kyungsoo and lost track of time'', he chuckled. Jongin chuckled with him.

''Must have been an intersting conversation''. ''It sure was, cause it was about you'', Chanyeol smirked as he got up from his seat. The bell had rang for his lesson. Chanyeol left Jongin there speechless, and he wasn't lying either. Kyungsoo had been talking about Jongin for weeks now, and Chanyeol was the one trying to get them two to talk.

The day seemed to drag on, when the bell rang for lunchtime, Chanyeol sighed with relief. He sat in his usual seat along with Jongin, Luhan and Jongdae.

''You look alive and bubbly today, Chanyeol'', Jongdae smiled at his sarcasm. Chanyeol looked up at Jongdae, showing the black craters under his eyes. ''Looks like you haven't slept in weeks, Yeol'', Luhan butted in. ''Cause I haven't slept properly in weeks, dumbass'', Chanyeol mumbled.

Luhan raised his hands up in defense, ''well, sorry! It's not my fault you've been sleeping bad''. Jongin then remembered.

''So...you say Kyungsoo was talking about me, huh?'', he spoke softly. Luhan and Jongdae nearly choked on their food, ''what?!'' Luhan said through a mouth full of food. ''Don't talk with your mouth full, Lu'', Jongin raised a finger. Luhan furrowed his brows.

''But seriously, what?'', Jongdae continued. Chanyeol smirked then looked at Jongin, ''I'm not telling you shit''. He continued to eat, leaving Jongin to turn red with little rage.

''What?! You can't just do that!'', Jongin started punching Chanyeol roughly on the shoulder, making the older wince at the sudden pain.

''Yes...I... can! How are your punches so painful, man?'' Chanyeol yelped, soon grabbing attention from everyone else in the cafeteria. Jongin stopped punching but continued to stare, his eyes wide.

''Are you bullshitting with me or did you actually-'' ''He has a phone, you know. Just look through it'', Luhan butted in, again with his mouth full. ''LUHAN!'' Chanyeol shouted.

He was about to get up from his seat till Jongin's strong arm held him back down. ''Hand it over!'' Jongin yelled in Chanyeol's ear, making him wince again.

What stopped the fight was Kyungsoo himself, sitting quietly next to Jongdae. Jongin stopped what he was doing and stared wide eyed at the smaller boy, his grip sill tight on Chanyeol.

''Kyungsoo?! Uh...when...when did you get here?'', Jongin stuttered. Chanyeol smirked once more while looking at Jongin, recieving another punch in the process.

''Just now...why were you two fighting?'' Kyungsoo spoke softly. Jongin and Chanyeol looked at each, and let go of each others grip.

''Nothing, nothing'', they both said at the same time. The bell once again rang, lunch had finished.

''This isn't over Yeol'', Jongin pointed at Chanyeol while walking away. Chanyeol pointed back and while walking the other direction, smirking.

''No, it isn't''.