Chapter Thirty Eight

Luhan saw blood...and it was pouring from Taeil's face.

The infected wolf was screaming, holding its face tightly as blood seeped through its fingers. Luhan just prayed he didn't actually take his eye out, this wolf was going to get cured.

Johnny was attacking Yuta, completely surrounded by the other wolves in case it got too much out of hand. But they all knew one of them had to do something soon.

Jiyong peeped his head around the entrance and saw the scene before him. He noticed Taeil crouching on the floor with bloody hands and immediately rushed over to him.

"Careful, he's infected" Luhan warned. Jiyong nodded and held the weakened wolf down. Taeil remained still as Jiyong injected the antidote (which he figured how to make himself). The wolf winced and growled deeply, before turning his head to face the other two.

Luhan gasped.

Taeil had three deep claw marks across his left eye, and the blood was still pouring out rapidly. As the antidote relaxed Taeil a bit, Jiyong gently pushed him down to the floor and let him lie down.

"I am so sorry" Luhan said through two hands on his mouth. He never felt so much guilt towards someone in his life. It felt terrible.

"Nothing else you could've done, Lu. You were only trying to defend yourself" Jiyong sighed.

Now they had to wait.
——————————
Sehun looked at the injured Taeyong, lying peacefully on the couch next to him. He payed the most attention to his breathing, just to make sure.

He then directed his attention to Taeyong's wounds. There was a deep claw mark across his neck, another on his left arm and another on his left side. It looked excruciating.

Sehun sighed. He followed Jiyong's orders to keep an eye on him until he returned to help the rest of NCT. But more than anything, Sehun worried for his husband.

Why did he decide to go?

Is he even there at all?

Is he hurt?

Is he even...alive?

Those thoughts spun around in Sehun's head as hours dragged on. And Taeyong finally woke up.

"Evening" Sehun mumbled.

"Sehun?" Taeyong groaned as soon as the sharp pain returned to his body.

"You should relax, buddy. You're badly injured"

"My pack. Where are they? Are they safe?"

"Luhan and Jiyong are over there now, they'll sort it out"

"What about the babies?"

"Babies? You have babies?"

"They're not actual babies, they're the youngest of the pack. And I see them as my own kids..."

Sehun nodded in understanding. "I'm sure they're safe-"

"But how can you be sure? They could be dead for all I know"

"Don't think like-"

Sehun was once again interrupted when the door burst open and in cane Luhan and Jiyong. Along with the rest of NCT.

Taeyong looked at them in shock. "Thank goodness!" He smiled.
Taeil had his arm around Luhan and he was keeping the injured upright and walking. He was weak, and exhausted.

Once Taeyong looked at his eye, which was bandaged up. A mixture of panic and upset boiled in his body.

"What...happened?"

"I can't remember...Tae" Taeil shrugged. Luhan gulped as he sat Taeil down on the couch opposite Taeyong.

Taeyong nodded and scanned the rest of the group, "where are the kids?" he worriedly asked. Ten and Jaehyun budged out the way to bring the youngsters into view. Taeyong let out a loud sigh of relief.
Jisung started to cry at the sight of his carer.

"Jisung...kids, come here"

"I'm not that young, Tae" Jeno said with furrowed brows. "Yeah, but you'll always be our youngsters" Ten chuckled.
Jeno sighed.

Jisung ran over to Taeyong and looked at the wolf's injuries, he wanted to hug him but became very hesitant due to the wounds.

Taeyong brought his hand up and wiped away the tears, "I'm okay, Jisung. I'm okay"

Jaemin placed his hand on Taeyong's arm along with Chenle. Renjun, Haechan, Jeno and Mark stood behind them, frowning.

"Where's Johnny?" Taeyong asked while looking at the youngsters lovingly. He really did have a big place in his heart for these kids.

"He's unconscious, I've left him with Jonghyun" Jiyong spoke softly. Jonghyun was also good with medicines, Taemin always went to him if something was wrong. Or even just for a random visit.
Yes, I wanted to include Jonghyun in here. Please don't be upset with me :)

Taeyong nodded in understanding, then directing his attention to Taeil's eye again. "May I see it? How bad is it?"

"I'm afraid you won't be able to see the wound until I change the bandages tomorrow" Jiyong answered instead. The leader sighed.
————————
The whole pack slept in Luhan's House that night, as they couldn't sleep without the pretense of their leader there. Especially the youngest wolves.
Luhan was the one who offered the shelter, of course.

Sehun wasn't entirely amused with the thought of seventeen stray wolves in his home, as it was his territory. But he gave in as he knew it was for the best.

"So..." Sehun whispered, "what happened to Taeil's eye?"

"He was running towards me...it was unexpected and I-"

"I scratched his eye, quite badly"

Sehun nodded. "It isn't your fault, Hannie"

"But it is! He's badly injured and has a permanent scar there because of me"

"In my opinion, guys and girls love that"

"What?"

"Scars can be attractive to a partner is what I'm saying"

"We're not discussing his love life Sehun, be serious!"

Sehun raised his hands in defense while chuckling quietly.

But what the couple didn't realize, is that Taeyong wasn't asleep...