Chapter Two

Baekhyun looked around his new apartment, smiling widely. It's been several months since he left his home in the woods, and he felt he could get used to his new background. All he needed to do now was find a place to work, his education had already been sorted in a University. In which he was very excited to join.

He remembered his friend, Luhan, and he wondered if he could find him somewhere in the city. "He could help me find my way around" Baekhyun thought to himself. Luhan left the woods two years ago, it left Baekhyun's heart shattered. His fourth friend left to go live in the city to become a domestic. He felt almost...unloved.
But it didn't take Baekhyun long to decide to become a domestic himself. But there was still plenty to learn. He sat down on the newly placed furniture and grabbed his laptop, trying to remember the steps Taemin told him to work this thing. He didn't know why, but he was curious enough to know how the world really saw him, his species. He typed in "werewolves" in the search tab. He knew the stories his parents told him already, saying that humans were monsters and they would eat werewolf cubs if they weren't careful. Baekhyun never believed them, as humans always caught his interest. He's never feared them.
But as soon as the results appeared on the screen, his face dropped.

——————————————

Chanyeol picked up his belongings to start a new day. It was Saturday, and he had work. And strangely enough for him, he wasn't late.
As soon as he entered the Cafe he was greeted with warm smiles and "good mornings". Chanyeol would warmly return the greetings and make his way to the cloakroom, to put down his belongings. He rolled up his sleeves before making his way behind the counter to take orders. Jongdae was already there, along with Junmyeon and Taemin. They exchanged smiled and got on with their work.

Order after order and Chanyeol was already starting to feel tired. When he checked the clock it was just past midday. He sighed deeply. He was so lost in his own mind that he didn't notice the man standing patiently in front of him. When Chanyeol realized, his eyes snapped open. "Oh, I'm sorry! I'm falling asleep...what would you like to order?", Chanyeol felt his cheeks turn pink with embarrassment. The man before him smiled, and took one last look at the menu behind Chanyeol. While he was doing this, Chanyeol took the time to observe the man.

He is beautiful, Chanyeol thought to himself. The man had soft, light brown hair. Beautiful, clear milky skin. And his face in general was just something to stare at, in Chanyeol's case anyway. "I'll have a Chai Latte please", the man beamed. Chanyeol's heart began to race at the smile.

Beautiful.

"Of course" Chanyeol smiled back. "Taemin! One chai latte", he called out to the silver haired male behind him. "I haven't seen you around here before...what's your name?" Chanyeol finally gained the courage to ask the man. Just after he payed for his Latte. "I'm Baekhyun, what's your name?, Baekhyun continued to smile. "I-I'm Chanyeol", Chanyeol stuttered. "Nice to meet you" he continued. Baekhyun replied, "you too, Chanyeol".

"Did I hear, Baekhyun?", Taemin peered his head around Chanyeol to look at the customer. "Taemin?" Baekhyun's eyes widened. "I didn't know you worked here!"
Taemin's face lit up instantly, "and I had no idea you moved to the city?!" Taemin ran around the counter to hug his friend. The hug lasted a long while before Chanyeol realized, "I don't mean to ruin the moment, but the Latte, Taemin". Taemin's eyes widened as he quickly ran back to sort out Baekhyun's drink. "How's the laptop?" Taemin called out, "I hope the instructions I wrote were clear enough". Baekhyun smiled, "I'm getting used to it", then remembering what he saw on the laptop, he whispered, "I'll get used to it..."

"One chai latte" Chanyeol smiles, breaking Baekhyun from his thoughts. "Thank you Chanyeol!" Baekhyun beamed. Chanyeol nodded in content as he watched Baekhyun walk out the door.
"Glad he's using that laptop, I bought him it cause he always wondered how to use the technology here. And I'm surprised it managed to get to him". Chanyeol took a moment to process what Taemin just said. "To use the technology here?" Chanyeol repeated Taemin's sentence, and Taemin froze. "He uh- came from a poorer area outside Exordium", Taemin response calmly. That was a close one, he thought.

Chanyeol nodded in response. Then glanced at the clock once more, his response to that was nothing but a grunt.

This was going to be a long day. But all he could think about was that boy called Baekhyun.