Chapter Eight

Luhan slowly opened the door to find Jongin and Baekhyun smiling cheekily at him. "You forgot your phone!" Jongin chuckled.

Luhan's eyes widened as he realised his pocket was empty. He really did forget his phone.

Jongin was about to hand the phone over but noticed something wasn't right. All he needed to do was take a sniff or two. "Who's in there?"

A very nervous Luhan snatched the phone and began to close the door. But two strong wolves shoved the door open and knocked Luhan to the floor. The wolf yelped as his bottom came into contact with the floor.

Jongin and Baekhyun were stood in the doorway, remembering to shut the door behind them. Baekhyun held his hand out for Luhan to grab but something flashed before his eyes.

Sehun had made his way down the stairs and stood defensively in front of the fallen boy, with his fangs exposed and eyes glaring gold.

Jongin's own fangs were exposed and he snarled at the blonde male in front of him. Sehun and Jongin stared each other down, and the growling was quickly getting louder. Luhan immediately got up on his feet and pressed a hand against both male's chest to push them apart.

"Come on now, break it up!" Luhan pushed harder, but the two just didn't seem to budge.

"He's a stray!"

"He's an asshole"

"Enough!" Luhan shouted one last time. "He saved my life, Jongin. He means no harm"
Jongin rolled his eyes but allowed his fangs to disappear. He didn't want to create a blood bath. Baekhyun just stood silently behind Jongin, letting Luhan take care of the situation.

Sehun's fangs still stood out, and he didn't show any signs of putting them away soon. All it took was a cold stare from Luhan to make Sehun whimper and return to his normal state.

"May I?" Baekhyun took a step forward. Sehun looked at Luhan for an answer, in which he got a nod in response. Sehun looked at the floor while he let Baekhyun take in his scent. He sniffed around his neck and backed away once he got enough of it.

"I trust him" Baekhyun concluded. "I don't" Jongin retorted.
"This isn't like you, Nini!" Luhan frowned at his friend. Jongin sighed, he took a step forward and took his turn to smell the stray wolf. Sehun tensed up as he allowed Jongin smell him, he could've made the decision to scratch him but let the thought disintegrate.

"Mmm, I could trust you..." Jongin made his own conclusion. "So this is who you're sleeping with?" he continued to joke. Luhan made a grab for the silver haired male but missed. Sehun was taken aback by the question while Baekhyun was in fits of laughter:

——————————-
XIUCHEN Texts

JongDaenosaur: Hello?

BaoziBoi: hello :)

JongDaenosaur: uh..how are you?

BaoziBoi: I'm good...how are you? What's your name?

JongDaenosaur: I'm Jongdae :) what's your name?

JongDaenosaur: I'm good! I'm just nervous and all 😅

BaoziBoi: I'm Minseok :) and you're nervous to talk to me?

JongDaenosaur: pretty much

BaoziBoi: well, I don't bite :) you just caught my interest just like I caught yours

JongDaenosaur: you're interested?

BaoziBoi: of course, I didn't give you my number for no reason

JongDaenosaur: I guess so

BaoziBoi: well, can you tell me about yourself? :)

JongDaenosaur: let me think...

JongDaenosaur: everyone says I'm loud. I love to sing... and apparently I whine too much. I'm not very interesting...sorry

BaoziBoi: well you're far more interesting than me, that's for sure :)

JongDaenosaur: I doubt it

BaoziBoi: Seriously! All I can tell you is that I love baozi.

JongDaenosaur: surely there's more to tell than that? But I'm interested nevertheless:)

BaoziBoi: can I make something clear before we start seeing each other?

JongDaenosaur: sure :)

BaoziBoi: I'm a werewolf, are you still interested?

...