Chapter Twenty Nine

One more chapter after this then I'll be done for the day :)
———————————
On the way home, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were talking about plans for their wedding. Well, it was mainly Baekhyun giving the ideas. But Chanyeol agreed with everything he was saying. This wedding was going to be beautiful, just like Chanyeol's husband-to-be.

But the evening went wrong extremely quickly.

And it started with something shark hitting Baekhyun in the neck.

"Ow!" Baekhyun's yelp echoed through the streets. "What's wrong Baekhyun?" Chanyeol look at his lover worriedly.
"Something hit me in the neck and it hurts!"

"Let me see"

Chanyeol removed the hand that was covering Baek's neck and he scanned the area. Something definitely hit him, cause the area was bright red with irritation. And it looked like something entered the skin as he was bleeding a little.
"What is it?" Baekhyun asked. "Wha-"

Baekhyun blacked out in Chanyeol's arms, and he was petrified.
Instead of calling for help, he picked Baekhyun up and flung him over his shoulder. And he carried him all the way to Jongin's house.
———————-
"Jongin! Help!" Chanyeol panted.

"Whoa! Whoa! What happened?!" Jongin was alarmed to see an unconscious Baekhyun over Chanyeol's shoulder.
"Did the ice cream argument get out of hand or something?"

"What? No! That happened ages ago!"

"He hit you with his cafeteria tray, if that isn't far enough I don't know what is" Jongin chuckled.

Kyungsoo then saw the situation, "What happened to Baek?!"

"Something hit him in the neck and now he's unconscious. I can see somethings entered his neck-"
Jongin cut him off.

"Call Jiyong or Luhan, now!"

Chanyeol nodded, "lay him down, and please be gentle!"

Jongin and Kyungsoo nodded as they carried the brunette through to the living room. "So many things have happened recently..."
"You don't say, Nini" Kyungsoo sighed.

Chanyeol was on the phone with Jiyong until a scream came from the living room.
"CHANYEOL! KYUNGSOO! RUN!" Jongin's voice bellowed from the room.
Luckily Jiyong picked up the message through the phone, he quickly hung up and got his things. He rang up Luhan and told him to come over also.

Chanyeol walked into the room and couldn't believe his very eyes.

Baekhyun...turned into one of them.

Baekhyun's eyes were completely white, and drool dripped from his mouth like a hungry predator. His snarl was loud and somewhat terrifying. Chanyeol couldn't recognise his own fiancée, and his heart shattered.
"I can hold him, you guys need to go! You're not safe!"

"I'm not leaving Jongin!" Chanyeol raised his voice, which made Baekhyun direct his attention to the taller male.

"Baekhyun, listen to me!"

Baekhyun walked closer to his fiancée, as if no word he said meant anything.

"You are stronger than this. You can beat it Baek!"

He continued to inch closer.

"BAEKHYUN!"

"CHANYEOL! It won't work! You need to go!"

Baekhyun froze. As soon as his own name was spoke aloud, he remained still. Like something cracked in him.
"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol whispered.

The creature looked at his hands and saw the claws that stuck out. He then looked at Chanyeol and turned his head like a confused dog.
"Baekhyun" Chanyeol said once more, he inches closer to Baekhyun this time. And the creature stayed still.

There was a mirror hanging on the wall besides everyone in the room, so everyone could see themselves clearly in the reflection. Including the creature.
Baekhyun turned and looked in the mirror, and saw it's horrifying look in the reflection.
The creature looked at Chanyeol once again before looking back into the mirror.

"Chanyeol...you did it. Somehow..." Kyungsoo spoke slowly.
Baekhyun looked back at hands, and Chanyeol saw droplets hit the fingers.

"Baby..." Chanyeol walked up to his lover and held him. Baekhyun didn't know what to do except cry. His speech was somehow disfigured, so no understandable words could be spoken to his fiancée nor his friends.

The couple fell to the floor, still wrapped around each other. Baekhyun was crying hard, and it was like Chanyeol got stabbed in the heart. It hurt to see his lover this way.
But overall, Chanyeol was triumphant for finding his Baekhyun in the monster's head somewhere.

A knock emerged from the door, and sure enough it was Jiyong and Luhan. Jiyong was expecting an unconscious Baekhyun on the couch but instead saw something else.

The creature was crying...in Chanyeol's arms.

"How did you do it Yeol?" Luhan said in shock. "I kept saying his name, and somehow he came back"

"Baekhyun is a strong wolf, that's for sure. He beat the serum but not completely" Jiyong smiled. "I'm proud of you, Baek"

Baekhyun looked up at Jiyong and Luhan and tears still fell. Jiyong found some tissues in his pocket and began dabbing Baek's cheeks. "It's okay, Baekkie. You're okay. You're strong!"

Baekhyun remained expressionless.

Chanyeol stroked Baekhyun's hair as Jiyong fed the mushy medicine to him. "This is probably the easiest patient I've ever had" Jiyong chuckled.

"Now we know another way to crack them, we'll try our best to use this method next time. Even though I'm fairly certain it'll only work if their lover talks to them...

As the voice of their lover will be very familiar to them"

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Kyungsoo looked fearfully at his boyfriend and clung onto his arm defensively. "I'll protect you Nini. I won't let this happen to you"

Chanyeol looked in Kyungsoo's direction, "I don't think that's possible"

"How so?"

"Because even we didn't expect this to happen, a bullet of whatever this serum is was just shot into his neck. Which means..."

"Which means they're trying to affect as many wolves as they can, even in Exordium" Jiyong finished.

"Shit"

"Too right. We need to keep our eyes open"

"Or..." Baekhyun spoke, raising a finger.

"Baekhyun!" Everyone cheered, Chanyeol held him close and buried his head in his lover's shoulder.

"Or! We move out of this shit hole and find another city to live in"

Jiyong and Luhan looked at one another, "that's an idea. But lifestyle here is probably the easiest out of any of city around Exordium"

"That's why we're all here. They make things easy so that we're comfortable. They're luring is in!" Baekhyun realised.

"Which is why we need to leave!" he concluded.