Chapter Twenty Three

Baekhyun was sent to the principles office that day, he really didn't understand why. He thought he did the right thing, to defend someone. Apparently that was wrong.

On the other hand, these are human rules. If this was in the forest, no one would care. It made Baekhyun's blood boil.

He was walking home with Luhan and Chanyeol, and the thought of Junmyeon still floated around in his mind. "Did Jongdae get a response?" He asked his boyfriend, while intertwining their fingers.
Chanyeol shook his head, "maybe we should go see if he's home?"

Everyone agreed.

Luhan called Sehun to see if he wanted to come as well, but he disturbed a pretty peaceful nap. Luhan let him be.

They were a few blocks away and Baekhyun stopped, he could smell something. "What is it Baek? Is something wrong?" Chanyeol noticed when Baekhyun let go of his hand. He missed the warmth.

"I smell something familiar"

"Is it a wolf?"

Baekhyun nodded. He then noticed a figure pop out from a shop, who was also sniffing. Baekhyun walked over slowly and immediately recognized who it is.

Daehyun!

"Daehyun?" Baekhyun called. Daehyun looked over and a smile immediately grew on his face. Baekhyun noticed another man behind him, his boyfriend perhaps?

The brothers wrapped themselves in a tight hug, it's been forever since they've seen each other. Baekhyun noticed the man became more shy and looked at the floor.

"Who's this, Dae?" Baekhyun let go of his brother and smiled towards the shy boy. "Oh? This is my friend Youngjae".

Baekhyun became excited and went over to sniff Youngjae, but backed away a little when he realized he was human.

"Sorry" Baekhyun said. Youngjae shook his head, "I'm used to it, Daehyun's introduced me to a lot of friends from the forest". Baekhyun smiled.

"Oh yeah, Daehyun! This is my boyfriend, Chanyeol. And you remember Luhan?" Baekhyun introduced his confused company. Chanyeol held a hand out for Daehyun to shake but received a hug instead. Luhan covered his mouth to try not to laugh.

Is was then Luhan's turn to receive a hug, and his eyes widened when he saw an angry Sehun walk towards them.

"Hunnie?"

"Who is this?"

"This is Baekhyun's brother, and I thought you were napping?"

"I decided I wasn't tired"

Luhan rolled his eyes. "Fair enough"

Daehyun chuckled at the pair, "ah, young love".
Luhan and Sehun turned a light shade of red.

"So. Where you guys headed?" Daehyun wrapped an arm around Youngjae's shoulder and continued to smile.

"Our friend Junmyeon's House, he's mysteriously disappeared and we need to see if he's okay" Baekhyun furrowed his brows with worry.
"Oh, I hope he's okay. Catch you guys later!" Daehyun waved, with a Youngjae still in his grasp.
————————
They finally made it to Junmyeon's house, and Sehun felt uneasy.
"Something doesn't feel right..." he tensed.

Chanyeol knocked twice and waited patiently. Everyone sighed in relief as they heard soft footsteps shuffle around inside.
But their faces dropped when Jiyong opened the door.

"Where's Junmyeon? Is he okay?"

Jiyong looked down. "Another one of those wolves attacked, both Yixing and Junmyeon are injured".

Baekhyun gasped, "can we see them? Please!"
Everyone was in shock. Just how many more of these things are out there?

Jiyong nodded, "please be gentle, they've been hit quite bad".

Sehun was the one to push in first, and he immediately saw Yixing and Junmyeon laying across two separate couches, shirtless. And covered in deep wounds.

Yixing was the one who was injured the worst, he looked half dead.

"The wolf attacked last night, Junmyeon was alone in the house. Yixing was actually planning on visiting here anyway, so he could smell something was wrong" Jiyong sighed.
"So of course, he tried his best to defend him"

The four looked at the unconscious Yixing. Their expressions saddened.

"What about the wolf?"

"Yixing managed to knock him unconscious, he then called me as I had the right medicines. The wolf is upstairs..."

Baekhyun and Luhan were the ones to dash up the stairs, leaving Chanyeol and Sehun confused.

Both wolves looked down at the wolf with horror, they couldn't believe it.

Yifan.

"You told me he was taken from the forest, why would he be after Myeon?"

Luhan cleared his throat, "actually, I never said he was taken from the the forest. Just that he was taken!"

"So, did Junmyeon know him personally?"

Luhan nodded, "they were quite close. I heard Yifan was taken because he got in a fight with another domestic in time square"

Baekhyun nodded. "First Jimin and Namjoon, now Yifan..."
Luhan nodded.

"Just how many more of these will come and get us?"