Chapter Thirty Nine

"YOU DID THIS!" Taeyong screamed at Luhan as he held the petrified wolf against a tree. Taeyong allowed his claws to pierce the skin on Luhan's shoulders.

"I'm sorry, okay?! I'm sorry!"

"Sorry? An apology isn't going to make that scar disappear!"

Luhan whimpered at the leader's anger and tried to look away. Taeyong pulled a hand away and used it to grip Luhan's face, making him look in his eyes.

"So...I'm going to give you what you deserve!" Taeyong snarled.

He brought a hand up and brought it down to strike, but a hand stopped him.
It was Taeil.

"What do you thi-"

"Taeyong, it wasn't his fault. Cut it out!"

"Show me your eye!"

"Taey-"

"SHOW ME!"

Taeyong had one arm holding Luhan still, while he faced Taeil. Taeil sighed deeply as he slowly unwrapped his eye, wincing at the stings that came with unwrapping each bandage.

The bandage was completely off.

Taeyong's eyes flared a bright red and stared angrily at Luhan, he growled deeply at the wolf.
"You have red eyes-"

"DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT LUHAN!"

Luhan whimpered and closed his eyes tightly. Allowing his own red eyes to appear.

He opened them and Taeyong's expression softened.

"You have them too?"

Luhan nodded. Taeyong sighed and allowed his fist to lower.

"The thought of hurting you is tempting, but...

Our kind is running out, and we need to stick together"

"I thought you would've known I have red eyes? We fought together" Luhan cocked a brow. Taeyong shook his head.

"Honestly? I haven't taken much notice. But consider yourself lucky, Luhan. This isn't over..."

Luhan gulped.

"Taeyong, please let him go" Taeil spoke softly. He had an hand on Taeyong's shoulder, tugging on the shirt sleeve. The leader let go.
——————————
Jongdae had little Xukun sleeping on his chest, breathing softly and holding tightly on his shirt.
Minseok went out again, and Jongdae lost trust in the wolf since he snuck out to the capture building that one time.
He was scared.

Jongdae suddenly heard a noise in the kitchen, and as the baby was sleeping on his chest, he could barely move. He stayed still and allowed the noise to creep up to him, slowly.
"Minseok?"

There was no response, instead he felt several sniffs on his head. Jongdae's heart was racing.

"How the heck do these wolves sneak in?" Jongdae thought aloud. The creature stopped sniffing and starting chuckling softly.
"I'm afraid that's our secret"

"Who are you?" Jongdae calmly asked the voice, he felt somewhat relaxed around this wolf.

"I'm Tao. I'm sorry for scaring you"

"What do you want here, Tao?"

"I was looking for food...don't worry this is not the only house I've visited"

Jongdae nodded, "I trust you...strangely"

"You said 'Minseok'...am I right?"