Chapter Forty Two

The wolves ran. And they ran as fast as their legs could carry them.

"Fucking run!" Taeyong screamed at the wolves guarding the outside. And they of course did as they were told.

Baekhyun had a wound on his shoulder while Luhan had three deep cuts on his chest. The rest had minor scratches as they weren't the ones who ran into the monsters in the first place.

"You holding onto it tightly, Baek?!"

"You bet I am!" Baekhyun screamed at the leader from behind.

"What kind of sick people keeps that in a laboratory?!"

"Luhan! These are humans we're talking about!"

"Point taken!"

The wolves ran for what felt like an eternity, and the injured ones were in more pain than anyone else.

Baekhyun held the blankets tightly to his chest as he slowed down, he was too tired. Therefore he collapsed.

"BAEKHYUN!" Luhan called to the wolf behind him. "Take it!" He passed the blankets over and Luhan gladly clutched it securely. Jongin wasn't giving up on Baekhyun though, as he picked him up bridal style and continued running.

"Jongin, I don't know how you do it" Baekhyun panted. "Just relax yourself, Baek. We're going home!"

Instead of running home though, they ran into the forest. Which pretty much was a stupid idea considering they could be found much easier. But everyone needed to rest before moving again.

Jongin placed Baekhyun in front of a tree so he could lean on it, allowing the wolf to fully rest his body.
"Here" Luhan passed the blankets back to Baekhyun and watched as he snuggled it close. He peeked inside the blankets, "good, no damage done"

"Pffft, of course not"

Baekhyun chuckled. "Where are we now?"

"Far enough from the entrance. And I don't think they saw us coming in" Taeyong panted.

"Yeah...but don't they have their own wolves to sniff us out!" Minseok pointed out.

"Shit" Taeyong cursed as he saw a pair of greedy eyes face them. "They're here already"

Baekhyun immediately started to panic and let Luhan stand defensively above him. Along with Jongin.

"This is about to get messy" Taeyong sighed. "Luhan, make sure you and Baekhyun get home safely. This ones mine"

"But...Taeyong!"

"No buts! What you have there is...delicate...special. You need to make sure it's safe!"

"What about your safety?"

"I'll be fine! Now GO HOME!" Taeyong bellowed, he'd had enough of blaming himself for their injuries tonight. He needed to make sure they're safe.

Luhan had his arm around Baekhyun's waist as he helped him to stand, and they quickly made their way out the forest.

"You three as well"

"What! No!" Yixing yelled. "You're not doing this by yourself!"

"I said, go home-"

The wolf was already metres in front of them, arguing was now just a waste of time. The four wolves had no choice but to fight...until a strange figure stood beside them...
—————————
One chapter to go!