Chapter Nine

Quick knocks emerged from Chanyeol's door. Chanyeol tiredly made his way to the door and opened it, to see a distressed Jongdae and a worried looking Junmyeon.

"What the fuck happened to you?" Chanyeol yawned. He took a step back so the other two could walk in. "Expect Baekhyun to knock as well" Junmyeon put in. Jongdae sat glumly on the couch and sighed.

"So...what happened?" Chanyeol asked again.

"You know the guy I kept staring at in the restaurant?"
Chanyeol nodded.
"Well, he gave me his number...and we talked for a bit" Jongdae jumped at the sudden knock at the door. Baekhyun, Chanyeol thought and he quickly made his way to open the door.

"I shouldn't have kept this in for too long, this only happened a week ago...I haven't spoken to him since" Jongdae continued to blame himself. Baekhyun walked in the room and went to sit in front of Jongdae, listening. "What happened?"

"The guy I like...he's a werewolf" Jongdae finished. Junmyeon and Chanyeol's eyes widened. Baekhyun remained expressionless, "so?"

Jongdae looked up, "so? He's a werewolf. He's...a monster-"

Baekhyun cut him off with anger, "no, he's just like you Jongdae. Just because he's a werewolf doesn't mean he's any different to you"

"calm down Baekhyun-" Junmyeon started it Baekhyun was having none of it.
"No! Why do you see werewolves as monsters, huh? Yeah there are stray wolves but not every wolf is the same!"

"Why are you so defensive over them? I thought you were nearly killed by a pack of strays?" Junmyeon continued to argue with the younger male. By this point Baekhyun was furious.
"Why are you lot so BLIND?"

Chanyeol held Baekhyun's arm, "Baek, please calm down"

Baekhyun huffed. He may as well tell them the truth, it's been months since he's known them anyway. He couldn't care less anymore.

"Do you love him, Jongdae?" Baekhyun's tone softened. He saw his eyes widen at the question. "I do...but I'm scared"

"Don't be. Talk to him, work things out" Baekhyun smiled. Junmyeon still held his 'angry' expression. "I still don't understand how a human can be so defensive over dangerous creatures-"

"I AM A WEREWOLF!"

Uncomfortable silence filled the room almost instantly. The other three let their jaws drop, especially Chanyeol. Junmyeon was about to speak but once again, Baekhyun wouldn't let him.

''I am just like you, actually. I look like you, I talk like you, I act like you. But that doesn't matter, you all despise me...because I have a side that only comes out at night''.

Baekhyun made his way towards the door, and turned the handle. Once the door was wide open, he heard Chanyeol call out to him. Baekhyun looked back at him, tears slid down his cheeks. I shouldn't be crying. I expected this...

''Ever wondered what it's like to live in a world where humans look at you with disgust?''

The door finally shut. Baekhyun was gone.

————————————
Missing call after missed call, and Baekhyun just laid there spread across his bed. Eyes still burning from the amount of crying he's done.

He allowed his eyes to close. "I expected this. I'm nothing but a monster..." his voice croaked. More tears were let out until he heard a soft knock at the door.

Baekhyun couldn't be asked to get up. He didn't want to see anyone.

Knock knock

Baekhyun didn't want to see anyone.

Knock knock

Except...

Knock-

Baekhyun opened the front door just a tiny bit, so only his eye could be seen. "Baekhyun?"

It was Chanyeol.

"What do you want, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun let another tear slip. The one person he fell in love with...now probably looks at him with disgust. He's probably only here to bully me, take me away to be locked up. Who knows.

"I want to talk to you" he spoke softly. Baekhyun let out a cold chuckle, "why do you want to talk to a monster like me?"
Chanyeol's expression saddened.

"You're not a monster, Baekhyun. I've never thought bad of wolves-"
"Yeah right"
"Please listen to me. I know you're upset but please...let me talk to you"

Letting out a sigh, he opened the door for Chanyeol to walk in. Baekhyun immediately began walking into the living room but an arm stopped him. "What are you-"
Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a tight hug, and to Baekhyun it honestly felt wonderful.

His heart was jumping all over the place, and he felt Chanyeol's heart race as well.

"I'm sorry"

"For what, Baek?"

"For the little performance I did earlier"

"Honestly, it was better you said something"

Letting go of each other, the two men walked into the living room. Once on the couch, another silence fell over them. But this time it was a comfortable one, a much better silence.

"Can I...see?" Chanyeol hesitantly said. Baekhyun turned his head like a confused dog, "see what?"

"See your other side?" he mumbled. Baekhyun continued to stare at the taller and eventually he sighed. "Alright".

The two sat cross-legged in front of one another, so Chanyeol got a perfect view. Baekhyun closed his eyes, and allowed the transformation to happen. Fangs and ears were exposed, and finally his eyes snapped open. They flared a bright yellow, and stared deeply into Chanyeol brown eyes. Chanyeol's mouth slightly gaped.

"You're staring" Baekhyun interrupted the other's thoughts.

Out of no where, Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's cheeks and pulled him in for a kiss. Baekhyun's eyes widened, but pulling away was the last thing that crossed his mind. Instead, he let his eyes flutter shut and deepened the kiss. Their lips moulded perfectly together. The whole experience was just pure ecstasy to the couple.

Soon enough they both pulled away to catch their breath, and they smiled. "I've wanted to do that since the day I met you" Chanyeol chuckled.
Baekhyun chuckled also, placing his head in the crook on Chanyeol's neck. Allowing his lover to rub the back of his ears, he let his heavy eyes fall shut.

And that's just the beginning.