Chapter Four

Chanyeol's POV
——————————
Work had finally finished, thank god for that. As soon as I walked outside I could immediately feel the cold air nip at my skin. I shuddered at the sudden chill. But something else caught my attention.

I heard a howl.

I froze in my steps, not knowing what to do or even think. I don't even know where the noise came from. Letting the thought slide, I continued to walk home.

——————————————
"They could've caught Tae!"

Both boys froze in their steps, neither could speak another word. Luhan looked at the floor and sighed, he nodded. "But I didn't see him-" Luhan started but Baekhyun cut him off, "I need to go home Luhan!" And with that, Baekhyun started speed walking away from the shocked Luhan. "Baekhyun, wait!" Luhan called after him and also quickened his pace.

"I need to see if he's alright, Lu" Baekhyun callee back to the panting boy behind him, "I could never forgive myself if he's hurt!"

Luhan didn't respond, instead he kept chasing after the younger wolf in front of him. "It's too dangerous Baek! What if you get caught-"

Suddenly, Luhan heard a growl emerge from behind him. "Baekhyun stop! Somethings wrong!" Luhan called once more, and with that he stopped. Luhan dares not move, and he saw Baekhyun's eyes widen.

Behind him, was a pack of Strays. Clothes completely shredded and each boy was smothered with dirt. Eyes flaring amber and yellow, and fangs perfectly pointed. And dripping with saliva.

"Baekhyun, run" Luhan said slowly. Baekhyun was already behind him, his arm gripping Luhan's. He too, was growling. The pack (which was about five boys) walked up to the two of them, very slowly. Both Luhan and Baek knew they would pounce anytime soon.

Baekhyun's own fangs grew and his eyes glowed a bright yellow. This made the pack growl even louder, but that didn't stop him. Luhan reached out to grab the wolf but Baekhyun was already off. The sounds of teeth and claws in contact with skin were heard throughout the streets. And the loud, painful yelps of wolves were clearly heard too.

And a mortified Luhan did nothing but stare.

———————————-
The next morning
———————————
Baekhyun opened his eyes to see he was in an unfamiliar room. The walls were a light blue, while the ceiling was completely white. Walls were coated with posters of what seemed to be music groups. Baekhyun tried to get up again but a strong hand pushed him down again. A sharp pain in Baekhyun's chest and back soon hit him, which made him release a scream.

"That was a pretty brave and stupid thing you did there" a deep voice spoke. Baekhyun looked in the direction of the voice and saw the man from the day before.

Chanyeol.

"Where am I?" Baekhyun spoke softly. "In my room. I saw the fight you had with the strays, and I took you back here when you went unconscious" Chanyeol replied. He was somewhat...calm. But all that circled Baekhyun's mind was: does he know I'm a wolf now? Is he okay with that? How much did he see?

As if Chanyeol read his mind, he spoke, "for a human, what you did was very impressive". Baekhyun sighed in relief. "It was worth it" Baekhyun smiles. In which the taller male responded with a wider smile. Chanyeol ruffled the smaller's hair and started to make his way towards the door.

"Is Luhan okay?" Baekhyun called after him. "Completely unharmed" Chanyeol replied, he shut the door behind him on his way out.

Baekhyun smiled to himself. The pain throughout his body was excruciating, so he tried to stay as still as he could. He noticed that he was wrapped in bandages and plasters. Did he do this?

Before Baekhyun could think anymore, Chanyeol returned with a hot chocolate and biscuits. Baekhyun's eyes lit up at the smell, it smelled so good. But what was it?

"I'll help you sit up, okay?" Chanyeol said reassuringly. Baekhyun nodded nervously. This is going to hurt a lot.

After Chanyeol placed down the drink and treats, he slid a hand underneath Baekhyun's back. Which resulted with him hissing in pain, and Chanyeol apologising constantly. After a few yelps and struggles, Baekhyun was sitting upright with several pillows to support him.

Chanyeol handed Baekhyun the hot drink and watched him sniff the drink. "What is this?" Baekhyun asked, almost innocently. The taller male stared at him, but dared not question it. "It's a hot chocolate, you've never had one before?" Baekhyun shook his head, and took a sip of the warm drink. It wasn't too hot, not too cold. It was just right. And it sure was delicious!

Baekhyun chugged the entire mug and sighed with satisfaction. "It's delicious!" Baekhyun smiled widely. "I'm glad you think so", Chanyeol smiled back.

After many biscuits and endless conversations, Baekhyun felt he was falling for this boy.
——————————-

Oooooh it's getting fluffy. Can't wait for the next chapter :) and here's some ChanBaek art I thought I would use for the front cover...I dunno. What do you think?

 What do you think?