Zombie apocalypse (danvid and dadvid)

An: My friend requested this

    David was not happy with his situation. He was a zombie, but not a zombie at the same time? He could talk, and didn't have to eat brains, he just didn't have a heart beat. But he didn't really care. As long as he kept his son safe he was golden.
     Max loved his zombie dad, and was frequently walking with him for food. David was good at camping so it was an easy fix for a tent. He also knew how to swing an axe like a monster.
     Daniel was walking on his own. He had his knives, and a backpack of things he needed. He still was lonely. His clothes were no longer pristine white, but covered in muck and blood. He was looking around in the woods and saw that a campsite was put up. Maybe he could ask for assistance. He was running low on water anyways. As soon as he got close a zombie with an axe greeted him.
      The zombie was pale, but not greenish blue like other zombies. He had fluffy looking red hair and foggy green eyes. His cheek was ripped open and he could see the man had sharp teeth like a zombie would. But he didn't attack Daniel at first sight.
       "Who are you and what are you doing here." The zombie asked.
      "Uh. I was going to ask for assistance. I'm running low on water." He asked, guard up completely.
       The zombie, no Daniel mentally shook his head, the was a man, smiled and came out with a bottle.
      "It's not the best but that's all we can spare."
      "We?"
      "Me and my son. You look tired, do you want to camp here? I have an extra tent."
      "Uh well that would be. Um. Delightful." The man smiled, but hesitated to stick out his good hand for a handshake.
       "I'm David."
        "I'm Daniel" they shook hands

One year later

     Daniel and David and Max stuck well together. They were like a family. David was a lot curvier than when he was alive. The opposing happens to Daniel. He was tall and lanky. And max was finally ten. David insisted on celebrating his birthday. And even found a cake place with the ingredients. And made him a nice little cake.
     Daniel helped hunt and scope out new places.
    Max knew that both men had liked each other for the whole year, but the other is oblivious. Well David is, Daniel shamelessly flirts with the zombie man. Daniel couldn't get a hint and max was about to explode if his dad's didn't get together this instant.
    So he made a sneaky plan. More like silly and amusing but he thinks it'll work.

   Both men were walking and max got David to stop wit David fell on him. They ended up in a compromising position and noses touching. David was a blushing mess and Daniel just stopped responding.
Max groaned, "You both like each other now Kiss dammit before I slap both of you."
    Daniel didn't need more encouragement.