"No. Please dont leave me alone."

An: TRIGGER WARNING!!!! That's all I have to say.

        "No Neil science can't solve this problem!" Nikki yelled at Neil. While Max watched quietly in amusement. The two were such a good pair of friends.  Not that'd he'd ever tell them... He walked and noticed that Gwen was taking care of the camp today. It was a strange and only happened once in a blue moon. Gwen actually had a good control, for once. The kids were listening and doing things they wanted quietly. Max was impressed and skeptical.

      "Max what's up?" Neil asked anxiously (my poor son had anxiety and I relate too hard....).
      "Nothing. Nothing.  Just. Don't you think it's strange how Gwen is taking care of the camp so well. Nobody is even causing a slight bit of trouble. It's impressive, and really fucking weird. Where's David anyway. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of disgusting positivity."

      Nobody answered Max in a definitive way, before they had to be quiet for a second so Gwen could make an announcement. 

    "Alright little pricks. If you behave well for a couple days. I'll give you a whole week of no activities. David is... Sick right now and I'm in charge. I'm letting you do whatever you want in these limits. First. No stabbing or physically harming eachother. As much fun as that would be to watch, I'm not patching you little shits up. Second, don't be too loud. I want to read. Now go and be kids or whatever." As soon as she said that rain began to pour from the heavens and Gwen sighed deeply.
       "Ok then you can do whatever inside that you want. We will wait in here until the rain is lightened or gone."

   Kids went on to talk to echo their. Being sure not to get in each other's  way no not being to loud. They were serious about their free days. The trio sat and talked for what seemed like forever until Max had an idea.

    "Let's go sneak into David's room."
     "No Max! He's sick, like Gwen said and if we don't stay here she might take away the possibility of freedays." Neil said nervously. Max sighed and got up. He left out the door with his hood on. Gwen never noticed.

     Max walked through the mud to get to the door. He wiped the nasty substance on the porch, with a look of disgust. He then opened the door fairly easy. After he opened it he went straight to David's room and the door was cracked open. Max peeked in and saw there was no David. But there was a muffled sobbing noise. Whimpers and cries and muffled words came from the bathroom inside the cabin. It probably wasn't smart but Max walking in carefully and then saw the door to the shit bathroom closed.

     He opened in and the sobbing didn't stop. The door dint creak like he thought and the person in the bathroom didn't notice the new member.

    Max saw something that broke his minuscule heart. His dad (he called David that when he was alone because he loves tree dad,) was huddled into the bathroom floor. He had scars from God knows what. And max could tell because David was wearing a tank top and short shorts. Something that he would never wear. His hair was oily, and he looked terrible the worst about him though was the spilled pills around him on the floor, and the large scars and slits in his thighs. Max saw that he wasn't even paying attention enough to notice Max was in there. He was about to use a razor to add another large slice on his thigh before max stopped him.

     "David!" David dropped the sharp object and stared wide eyed at the young boy. David looked so helpless. His green eyes were glazed and wet with tears. His face seemed older and scared.

     "Please stop." Max's voice cracked but he walked over to his dad. David just stared at the boy. Max sat next to him and did something he never thought he'd do. He hugged David with all his baby strength. David hugged back after a few minutes.

     "Why dad?"
     "You called me dad..."
     "Don't avoid the question. Why?"

      "I'm scared. I'm tired. And today was particularly bad. I dropped my anxiety and depression meds. As you can see," David guest urged to the spilled white and red and blue pills on the floor, "and it's just. Kids..."

     Max knew immediately why he said kids. The kids, mainly him, we're trying to break David. Max's eyes began watering and he apologized repeatedly.
    "It's ok kiddo... It's not you its just..... Grown up stuff ok?"
    "Dad... I understand. Please, just tell me..." Max was almost afraid of what he would be told.
     "Max..."
    "Dad." Max looked up at David with big eyes. He knew where this was going.

    "Ok kiddo. Tell me to stop talking if it makes you uncomfortable... I... I was a used as a kid. In every way. Ok?"

    "Do you mean...." A small nod showed Max he was right. Max hugged his dad harder.

    "Well. Dad. I'm.... Going through the same shit as you.." He looked up and David's face changed from helpless to something akin to rage.

    "You should have told me sooner bud. I'm going to help you out of this not matter what ok Max?" Max smiled back at the adult. He was going to be ok.

They were going to be ok.

~stay Super.