Terminal

An: Thanks for requesting ❤️. I hope you enjoy the chapter. It might suck and I'm sorry if it does. And it's probably going to be short af

           Four days to live. That's what the doctor told him, if he had gotten treatment before then, he might have lived. David couldn't believe his own ears. He had four days to live. To carry out his bucket list, to finish anything he needed finished. He knew he couldn't let anyone in on the secret, that would be a problem.

         He decided, that he would not tell anyone. He would continue to live happily as a counselor. Though there was more than a few regrets, that he had not confessed his love to someone dear to him, not giving Max a summer to remember, leaving Gwen after these four days.

        The next day he wrote his will, giving many of his things to Max, a good deal of money to Gwen because she still needed to pay off student loans, and the rest of his things went to Daniel. Even thinking about the blond he smiled. Since he was going to die anyway he decided to tell Daniel. Tell Daniel he loved him.

     "David shut up no one cares." Max yelled as David tried to get the all to swim. No one listened. Sighing in defeat, he rounded up the kids.
     "Max..." David almost cried out exasperated. After today he only had two days.
     "Max, I'm bringing you all back to camp. Have a free day while I take a day off ok?"

     David kept true to his words, and he drove to town. He was going to meet Daniel, and he saw the pristine white car park near the camps old ratty one. For once in two whole days, he smiled a genuine smile.
    "Hey Daniel!" He waved slightly, and Daniel let out a small laugh sitting next to him.
     "Long time no see Davey." The Skinner blond replied. They spent all day laughing, chatting, play flirting, and just being normal.

     Daniel knew something was off. So he decided that he would invite David over for a movie night. When they got to his small apartment, they watched a mixture of Disney princess movies, and horror. Before David left he said three words.

      "I Love You."

  Daniel stood in shock, and didn't have time to reply as David drove away. But he was going to visit the man the next day.

    He only had the rest of the day to live and David knew it. That put a damper on his smile, and stopped it from being genuine. That was until Daniel showed up by his cabin.

    "David. Come on a hike with me." David could not say no.

    The birds sang brightly even though David would die, but tonight he was cuddled between Daniel and a comfy blanket.

    Daniel awoke to see David's sleeping face. He smiled at his now asleep lover. He went to kiss the red heads forehead. But something was off, he was cold. Colder than ice.
     And the other man knew what was going on. He still checked David's pulse through tears. Gwen walked in to see Daniel on the floor sobbing by what she assumed to be a sleeping David.
      "Hey cultist, why are you crying, you might wake up David."
     "He.." A choked sod rang through the counselor cabin, "he's... He's dead."
     Gwen joined in his tears.

    The funeral was like a different world.
     "I will read David's last will and testament.
          'I David Greenwood being of sound mind and heart, give Gwendolyn Rodgers ten thousand dollars. I had them saved up for a tour for all of our friends to go on, but that won't happen, I want you to be able to live without debt in your life, you were always my best friend. Even when you hated me, or acted as if you did.'
        Gwen's eyes watered. And she began to cry a river.
       'To Maxwell Smith, I give all of my instruments, photos, and most everything. I want you to know that I'm sorry for not being able to make you like camping. But you were my favorite camper, and like a son to me. Even beyond where I lay in the woods, I hope you learn to live happily. Please, always be a good person.'
       Max sat with wide eyes, and held to Mr. Honeynuts. He held in his screaming and cussing until after the service.
      'Last but not least, Daniel Young. I want you to know I love you with all my heart, and I want you to be safe. I give you my Cabins from every state park, and everything else I own. Please stay happy, never change. You are the light of what once was my life. So I will wait to see you on the other side,
     I Love You.'