Sixth chapter today.

An: fluff? Daniel and dadvid fright for custody of max. Because they love their son. Also this will not be a realist light Ina courtroom.

      David was so scared. He was going in it court with two people who had beaten him black and blue. But it was worth it in a way, because he would have a better defense against them. He was getting custody of his son, no matter what. Daniel stood by him and squeezed his hand reassuringly.

      "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. We are here today to discuss the case of custody from Maxwells parents to Mr. And Mrs. Young." Daniel almost laughed at David being called Mrs. But to be honest, David was wearing a feminine outfit and looked like a woman. He himself wore a dressy white shirt and white pants.

     "State your case, Mrs. Young."
      "It's Mr. Young sir." David said timidly.
      "Oh, well, state your case."
      "My case today is that there is a child I know and care about in an abusive household, and I wish to take him out of it." Max sat in a pew, silently cheering for his dad's, or hopes to be his dad's.
      "Give me a story and your reasoning." The judge seemed genuinely curious.
     "I work at a summer camp part time." He was interrupted by Max's mother,
     "Where do you work out of summer, huh?" She sneered.
     "I work at a forest reserve and daycare." He had a 'try me fucker' face on. He had a good reputation for never lying and being a godsend.
      "As I said, when Max came into my care, he was cynical, and yes he had bad behavior. But I looked out for him all through camp. And one day when his hoodie slipped of of his shoulder, he had a huge hand shaped bruise."

    "That could be from on of those nasty kids he plays with." Max's father growled.

    "That hand shaped bruise was the size of a grown mans. I asked him where he got this. He said that he's not allowed to tell. And I understood, and let him be. But he was getting more and more depressed. And when I asked him what's wrong. He told me everything. God there was so much mental trauma. He has scars from torso to toe, that could only be inflicted by a belt or a whip. I heard about it all, from the verbal to sexual abuse, there were a lot of recounting moments."

      "Our son is a self harm addict and a chronological liar."
       "Oh you should have put that in the files you didn't bother to fill out about your son. We only knew his age and name, not even last name. You dropped your kid off with no information and when I called you to come up and get him you came up and got him alright. You also assaulted my husband." Daniel spoke up angrily.
        David lifted his shirt a small bit so everyone could see his stomach. It was black and blue, hand small scratches and scabs. It was a sad sight. He also lifted his sleeve to show the same kind of damage. Since he was wearing shorts you could see the bandages and bruises and cuts that have scanned up.

   Max's parents tried to defend themselves, but they still had to forfeit custody and go to jail.

Max was safe. With his dad's.