Chapter 26 - Faith

"Mr. Schue? I have something to say," Finn said the next week at Glee Club as Mr. Schue gave him the floor to talk. "Something happened to me and I can't really get into it, but it's shaken me to my core," Finn said. "Oh, my God, he's coming out," Puck commented. I however wondered what in the world this could be about. "Why, yes. There is a man who's sort of recently come into my life and that man is Jesus Christ," Finn said. "That's way worse," Puck said annoyed. I however thought it was great that Finn had turned to religion. "And I know there's others in here who dig him too. And so I thought maybe this week we could pay tribute to him in music. You know, pay tribute to Jesus," Finn grinned. "Sorry, uh, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church. And the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people. Or women. Or science," Kurt said shaking his head.

"I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here," Mercedes said. "I agree. I've had a really hard year, and I turned to God a lot for help. I, for one, wouldn't mind saying thanks," I smiled a bit. "Thanks for what? That it didn't come out a lizard baby?" Santana quipped as I gave her a look. "Whenever I pray, I fall asleep," Brittany said. "Well, guys, maybe our song selections don't have to be about Jesus. We could do songs about spirituality," Mr. Schue smiled.

Puck rolled his eyes. "You got a problem with Jesus?" Finn asked. "Oh, I got no problem with the guy. I'm a total Jew for Jesus. He's my number one Hebe. What I don't like seeing is people using J-Money to cramp everybody else's style 'cause it seems to me that true spirituality- or whatever you want to call it- is about enjoying the life that you've been given. I see God every time I make out with a new chick," Puck smirked. I shook my head at him. He was going back to the same old Puck that I couldn't stand. "Okay, okay. That doesn't make any sense, in fact, it's stupid," Rachel said. For once I agreed with Rachel. "Are you calling Mr. Billy Joel stupid?" Puck asked as he got up "At this time I'd like to continue my streak of doing only songs by Jewish artists. Hit it," he said as he then began to perform 'Only the Good Die Young'.

I smiled a bit listening to him as he sung the song. The song definitely applied to my situation, especially from last year. Puck then jumped up to sing to me. "You got a nice white dress and a party on your confirmation," he sang to me as I danced a bit to the song, slowly falling back into love with him. I danced around with Mercedes actually enjoying myself once again in Glee Club. It was strange how Puck performing somehow made everything wrong in my life not matter. We all clapped for Puck.

He followed me out of Glee Club that day. "I saw you were into my performance," he grinned a bit. "It was...sweet in a way," I said carefully as he stepped in front of me. "Look..I don't know what I did to make you avoid me but whatever it is I'm sorry," Puck said. "It's not your fault," I told him seriously. "Then what is it?" Puck asked "Seriously, you didn't just blow me off for nothing." I sighed. I wasn't ready to have this talk with Puck, not yet. "I really like you..." I told him. "And I like you. I don't see what's so hard about this," he said "Just let me get to 3rd base a couple of times a week. Come on, you know we're right for each other." He leaned in to kiss me. I backed away. "I can't..." I said emotionally as I rushed off leaving Puck confused.

The next day at school the news about Kurt's father being the hospital spread all over the school. "He had a heart attack," Mercedes told me. "Oh my Gosh...is he going to be okay?" I asked. "The doctors seem to think so but he's in a coma right now," Mercedes said. "I feel so bad for Kurt," I frowned. Kurt had been such a good friend to me last year and I had met his father a few times. Mr. Hummel was a good man and really cared for Kurt. "I was wondering if you could help me out with a song I want to sing for Kurt at Glee Club practice today?" Mercedes asked. "Of course," I smiled. "Great," Mercedes said as she handed me the sheet music so I would be prepared to sing background.