Chapter 51 - Homefield Advantage

Author's Note: Hello everyone. Thanks so much for all the support I've been getting on this story you guys don't know how much it means to me. This next chapter is all about the episode 'Hold on to Sixteen'.  I changed quite a few things around with the episode such as The Troubletones already being a part of the New Directions. I added a Glee Club that the Glee Cast previously competed against, The Haverbrook School for the Deaf since I thought them competing would be the most entertaining. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I apologize for it being short I had to eliminate a lot of stuff from the episode of Glee it's based off of.

The next few days were all about preparing for sectionals which we found out were going to take place in our own auditorium. "Without Rachel we're going to have a lot of work to do," Mr. Schue said. "Rachel's not the only star member of this group Mr. Schue," Mercedes said. "Mhmm. Us girls in the Troubletones are more than willing to step up and perform," Santana smirked. "I'm excited to see the number you girls have prepared," Mr. Schue smiled. "Oh it's going to be a killer," Santana said as Mercedes nodded in agreement. "We were actually hoping Quinn and Tina would join us for the performance," Brittany grinned. "Count me in," I smiled a bit. "Me too," Tina agreed as Mr. Schue clapped. "Excellent. Now we need to work on the other two numbers. I think I have some ideas for you guys to show off your voices singing the Michael Jackson hit 'Man in the Mirror'," Mr. Schue said as the guys cheered seeming excited to take on the Michael Jackson song. As for our final song Mr. Schue had picked 'Control' by Janet Jackson which would feature me, Blaine, and Artie having solos. This sectional was going to be a tough one to beat but I knew in the end it was going to be worth it.

The sectionals performance started off with the Unitards which featured a girl named Harmony on the lead singing 'Buenos Aires'. Kurt and Rachel seemed to know her, referring to her as the 'Gerber Baby'. Harmony reminded me so much of Rachel with the way she performed. In some ways it made me glad that Rachel wasn't performing with us. The second group that was up was a group we had faced off against in the past the Haverbrook School for the Deaf. Our very first sectional had been against them when Coach Sylvester had leaked our set list. This time there were no similar songs performed as we were in the clear.

"Now ladies and gentlemen from McKinley High School put your hands together for the New Directions!" the announcer said as the crowd cheered as The Troubletones first took the stage with our mashup of 'I Will Survive' and 'Survivor'.

"At first I was afraid I was petrified, kept thinkin' I could never live without you by my side. But then I spent so many nights, thinkin' how you did me wrong and I grew strong, and I learned how to get along," Santana sang on lead as we backed her up on 'Oohs' as we did the choreography. "And so you're back from outer space . I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face. I should've changed that stupid lock, I should've made you leave your key, If I had known for just one second you'd be back to bother me," Mercedes sang on lead. "Oh, now go walk out the door. Just turn around now, 'cause you're not welcome anymore. Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye? You think I'd crumble? You think I'd lay down and die?" Santana sang as us girls then went into a tango as we switched songs to 'Survivor'. "I'm a survivor, I'm not gon' give up. I'm not gon' stop, I'm gon' work harder. I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it. I will survive, keep on survivin'," Brittany sang on lead as us girls from the Troubletones backed her up. "Thought I couldn't breathe without you, I'm inhalin'. You thought I couldn't see without you, perfect vision. You thought I couldn't last without you, but I'm lastin'. You thought that I would die without you, but I'm livin'," Mercedes sang on lead as the rest of us backed her up on 'Aahs' we did the same thing as Santana took the lead. "Thought that I would fail without you, but I'm on top. Thought it would be over by now, but it won't stop. Thought that I would self-destruct, but I'm still here. Even in my years to come,