Chapter 59 - Growing Up

Author's Note: Hey guys! Thanks again for reading all my chapters. This one is from the episode 'Choke', which Quinn is not featured in but I took Puck's storyline from the episode and expanded upon it. I also talked about Rachel's audition for NYADA. I really hope you enjoy this chapter :)

That weekend was Beth's 2nd Birthday Party which Shelby had invited Puck and I to. "Her Birthday is on Tuesday but since I have school this was the only day I could make it work," Shelby said as we entered her party which was being held at their apartment. It was a princess themed party which Beth seemed to be really into. "Which Princess are you?" I smiled asking her. "Panzel!" Beth said excitedly. "Yeah she's Rapunzel, her favorite princess. She absolutely loved Tangled," Shelby smiled a bit. "That's really cool," I said as Beth's friends seemed to arrive also in their princess dresses.

It definitely took me back to when I was a little girl. I always loved Cinderella. I even modeled my junior prom dress after her gorgeous ball gown. Frannie and I used to love to play dress up, especially as the princesses. It was nice to see that Beth and I share similar interests around the same age.

The party was definitely catered to the children, which I didn't mind. Beth seemed to be having the time of her life. Seeing her smile was all that mattered to me. In that moment I was happy to have given her away. Shelby had provided an amazing life for her, one that Puck and I probably could never give to her, especially not now. Puck, unlike me seemed quiet, sad almost. I decided it was a good idea to talk to him.

"You don't seem like yourself," I told him seriously as he sighed. "I'm at risk to fail out of high school," he frowned. "I thought the tutoring was helping you," I asked him confused. "It was...after you got into your accident all I cared about was you," Puck told me seriously. I couldn't help but feel awful. "If you still need help I can tutor you," I offered. "What's the point," Puck frowned "It's not like I'm going to get it. You already tried. I'm just meant to be a highschool dropout like my dad." "Don't sell yourself short," I told him. "I'm not. Look Quinn, you're meant to go on and do great things. I'm just not. I think I'm going to head out to LA earlier and get a head start on my pool cleaning business," Puck shrugged. "You can't just give up," I frowned. "Can. Will. Have," Puck said as he got up. "I'm going to enjoy my last few days here in Lima. Tell everyone in New Directions I'll miss them," Puck said as he left the room.

I just looked around in shock. Puck was giving up on everything just because he couldn't seem to pass tests. I worried about him all the time but if he was just going to give up on graduating high school that made me feel even worse. I knew there was one solution and one solution only to his problems. I needed to talk to his mom before he made a decision he was going to regret for the rest of his life.

I knocked on the door of the Puckerman household that afternoon when I knew Puck was out doing his pool cleaning business. "Quinn? What happened to you?" Miriam asked me shocked to see me at the door. "Car accident," I sighed. "I'm so sorry," she said almost seeming sympathetic towards me. "It's okay...I guess Noah didn't tell you," I sighed as she shook her head. "I thought he was out cleaning pools all those hours. Was he caring for you?" she asked me as I nodded. "That's not what I came here to talk to you about," I said biting my lip "Can I come in?" "Of course," Miriam said as she held the door to the Puckerman home open for me to roll into.

"What brings you here?" she asked. "It's Noah..." I sighed. "Oh no...what did he do?" she asked nervously. "Nothing...nothing yet. He's planning to dropout of high school," I sighed as Miriam's eyes grew wide. "No...he can't do that. I would never allow it," she said simply. "He's 18 now. Legally he can sign those papers on his own," I sighed. "What do you want me to do?" she asked. "Talk to him. Look Miriam, you're the only person I know who can get through to him. I don't want him to make a mistake he's going to hate himself for doing for the rest of his life," I sighed as Miriam seemed to nod in agreement with me. "I'm sorry I was so hard on you," she apologized "I thought him dating a non-Jew was a bad influence on him but I see now where I was wrong." I smiled a bit "I care for Noah more than you know Miriam," I said seriously. "I can see that. You wouldn't have come to me if you didn't. Thank you Quinn," she said as she hugged me. "You're welcome," I smiled a bit as I said my goodbyes and headed home. It felt good to for once do the right thing by Puck. I could only hope my efforts to help him weren't too late.

Monday morning came around and there was no sign of Puck. I hoped his mom had gotten through to him but with him not attending school the next day I had a bad feeling it didn't do much. Thursday afternoon was supposed to be Rachel and Kurt's auditions for NYADA. Rachel had been concerned about the lesson all week to the point where she barely even spoke to us wanting to preserve her voice for the audition. I knew this audition meant so much to her. I could only hope her version of 'Don't Rain on My Parade' would be a head turner. After all, it had won us our first sectionals competition. I had faith in Rachel that she would get into NYADA.

I was stunned to see Puck back at school on Thursday. "You're back," I smiled giving him a hug. "How are you?" he asked me seriously. "A lot better now that you haven't given up on your education," I told him seriously. He sighed a bit "I saw my dad," "Wait what?" I asked my eyes growing wide. Puck hadn't spoken much about his father but from what little he told me about him, his father wasn't a good man. "Yeah I was cleaning one of my best costumer's pools and he showed up begging me for money," Puck said. "What did you do?" I asked him. "What do you think? I gave it to him," he said. "Why?" I asked. "Because I knew if I did I'd never have to see him again," he said honestly.

"Seeing him again is what made me realize I don't want to be like that. I don't ever want to be the guy who comes around begging his children for money because he screwed up his own life," Puck said as I pulled him in for a hug. "You would never be that selfish," I told him. "I would and I have been," Puck sighed "You're one of the only people who truly believed in me. Except for maybe my mom and Mr. Schue. Do you think you could help me pass my World Geography test tomorrow?" "I'd love to," I smiled a bit as Puck and I made a plan for him to study for the exam. I was going to help him pass no matter what it took.

Friday was the big test. I walked Puck to his class. "No matter what you've got this okay?" I told him seriously as he smiled at me. "Thanks," he said as he kissed me quickly before heading into the classroom. I wheeled myself into my class hoping for the best for Puck. As I got to my class I saw a heartbroken Rachel crying in the hallway. "Rachel? What's wrong?" I asked as Rachel wiped her eyes. "I blew my NYADA audition yesterday," she said upset as I hugged her. "What am I going to do Quinn? I invested all of my time into trying out for that school," Rachel said emotionally. "I'm so sorry about your audition Rachel. I know you were working so hard on it," I sighed as Rachel continued to sob.

"You know what the worst part is?" she asked as I shook my head "I really thought I was going to make it." "You still can make it," I told her seriously looking her in the eyes. "Rachel, even if this college doesn't accept you, you're still moving to New York City right?" I asked her as Rachel nodded "You can still find a job out there to pay for your apartment that you're going to find. There are plenty of opportunities besides college for you to use your talents. Besides that, maybe this will give you and Finn more time to really think about your futures," I told her seriously. Rachel wiped her eyes "You're right...thanks Quinn. You always seem to know exactly what to say," Rachel said emotionally. "I'm here for you Rachel, no matter what," I told her seriously as we hugged before entering our classrooms.

As the final period ended on Friday I met Puck. "So how do you think you did?" I asked as he gave me a grin. "I think I aced it," he said. "Seriously?" I grinned as he nodded "Puck that's great." I hugged him tightly. "Thanks Quinn. Now let's focus on you," he said seriously to me. "On me?" I asked confused. "Look Prom's coming up next week and I want to make sure your senior prom is something you won't forget," he smiled at me. "And what do you have in mind?" I asked smiling. "I think we should run for Prom King and Queen," he said. "You really think I'd get votes?" I asked. "Are you kidding me? Quinn, I know you would've won last year if it wasn't for those write in votes for Kurt," Puck said seriously to me. "But I can't dance.." I argued. "I know. It doesn't bother me at all. Look Quinn, I want this to be everything you've ever dreamed of. So what do you say?" Puck asked as I smiled back at him. "I say let's do it," I smiled as we kissed. I was getting closer and closer to walking but I was going to keep that a secret for now. By the time prom came around it was my goal to surprise everyone with the fact that I could walk and somewhat dance again.