Chapter 60 - Prom Queen

Author's Note: Hey guys this is my take on the 'Prom-asaurus' episode. In this episode I do have Quinn finally being able to move around and she is out of her wheelchair but is still adjusting to walking again. I hope I did her storyline justice and I hope you enjoy the twists I had come up with for this episode ;D

For the next week at my physical therapy it became my mission to walk again. Prom King and Queen nominees were about to be nominated and for prom I wanted to be able to surprise everyone by being able to not only walk again but dance as well. I had been heading to physical therapy on my own but I was getting stronger every day. "Miss Fabray, you have improved so much over the last few weeks," the doctor smiled at me. "Thank you doctor. I've been doing my best to. I want to be back on my feet. Prom is next week," I smiled a bit. "Oh yes that would be an excellent time to be able to show your friends all the progress you have made," the doctor agreed. "Do you think I'd be ready for it?" I asked. "Only one way to find out," the doctor smiled a bit as I practiced dancing around, finding that I could move at ease.

"I can't believe this," I beamed as my mom walked in. "Oh Quinnie look at you," my mom smiled. "Isn't it amazing? I think I'm going to be able to dance at Prom," I grinned. "Quinnie I am so proud of you," my mom said to me I walked over to her hugging her tightly. "I still need a lot of breaks from standing but this is such an improvement," I smiled. "I agree completely," my mom grinned before asking me "Have you told Noah yet?" I shook my head. "I wanted to make sure I could really do this before telling him," I said honestly. "Well I am so looking forward to seeing you walk down the stairs in your prom dress," my mom smiled as she helped me out to the car as we headed home feeling more hopeful than before.

At school I was still bound to the wheelchair but I would walk whenever I was inside the restroom. I wanted to ensure that I was truly ready to be able to walk. I knew Prom was going to be a long night and the little baby steps I was taking was so I could improve my balance by the time prom arrived.

"Attention students. It is now time to announce the nominees for Senior Prom King and Queen," Principal Figgins announced as most of the students looked nervous. This was something we had looked forward to since we had started high school. "The nominees for Prom King are.....Finn Hudson," Principal Figgins said as I could hear the classroom Finn was in bursting into applause. "....Senior Class President, Brittany S. Pierce," Principal Figgins said as Brittany grinned excitedly. "And Finally Noah Puckerman," Principal Figgins said as I could hear the classroom Puck was in breaking into a ton of noise. "And now for the nominees for Prom Queen..." Principal Figgins began as I held my breath. "Santana Lopez," Principal Figgins said as Santana smirked a bit. "Quinn Fabray," Principal Figgins said as I looked relieved. I was so happy to be nominated once again. "And Rachel Berry," Principal Figgins said. "Is this a joke? Who nominated Berry?" Santana snarked. "Don't be mean Santana. People probably just voted for Finn and Rachel because they're a couple," Brittany shrugged. I also was surprised to hear Rachel nominated but I was happy for her. After her NYADA audition came crashing down she deserved something good in her life.

"Hey did you hear we got nominated," Puck grinned as I nodded. "Yeah. It's amazing," I smiled a bit. "I told you we'd get the nomination babe. Now all we need to do is get the votes. I'm sure I can get a few on fear alone," Puck smirked. I chuckled a bit. "I appreciate it. It would be great for us to win," I smiled. "It would be totally awesome. It would be a symbol of my badassness and your popularity. Babe this is everything we could want," Puck said as I couldn't help but nod to agree. "Listen, there's something I want to show you. Could you stop by my house after school today?" I asked as Puck nodded. "Yeah of course," Puck smiled as he kissed me before heading off to class.

That afternoon Puck knocked on my door. I walked up to answer it. "Wait....is this what you wanted to show me," he said shocked. "Isn't it great?" I smiled a bit as Puck pulled me in for a hug. "So that's why you didn't want me to join you at physical therapy," Puck said shaking his head. "I wanted for it to be a surprise. The doctor says I'm on my way to being able to dance at prom," I smiled a bit. "Quinn, that's amazing," Puck said shocked. "Thanks," I smiled a bit as I walked to sit down on the sofa. "I'm not ready to walk the halls or anything but I'm getting closer everyday. The only reason I'm still using the wheelchair is because I don't want to overdo it," I said honestly. "Still...I'm so happy for you," Puck smiled a bit.