Chapter 40 - Don't Underestimate Quinn Fabray

Author's Note: Hey guys so in this chapter I use mostly scenes from 'A Night of Neglect' but I do go into the whole Prom Queen campaign of Lauren Zizes in 'Born This Way' in this episode. I hope you guys enjoy :)

After our win at Regionals you would think everyone would still be on a high and we were. Glee Club wasn't going anywhere. We still had to raise the money to get to New York. Besides that the Brainiacs, our school's Academic Decathlon team which Artie, Mike, Tina, and Brittany were a part of won their competition and advanced to the finals. They needed $250 to be able to go to their competition. That's where Mr. Schue's idea of a night of neglect came up. It was an interesting concept. Sing songs but artists who are often ignored but are brilliant just the same. I knew I had to come up with a song that suited me. Sometimes I did feel a little pushed to the back in Glee Club, especially with how much Rachel would take over Glee Club. After last week we weren't exactly close anymore. It felt strange how much I missed our friendship. I hadn't exactly let Rachel get close to me but being friends with her felt like a nice change from what I was used to.

Sam had been acting strange the last couple of days. It wasn't until I saw him at church that weekend that I had found out what was going on. "The Lima Church of Christ will be taking a collection for the Evans family who has just lost their home. We want to help them get through this tough time so please, give what you can," the priest announced as I looked horrified. Sam lost his home? Why didn't he tell me or anyone in Glee Club for that matter? "Sam..." I said as I walked up to him as he looked upset. "So now you know huh?" he sighed as I just hugged him. "I am so sorry. What happened?" I asked worriedly. "My dad lost his job a few weeks ago....both my parents have been looking for work to pay the bills but we just couldn't get it done in time," Sam sighed looking down at the ground "We're now living in a motel room." I felt awful for him. "Does Santana know?" I asked him. "What do you think?" he laughed a bit "Santana and I broke things off. I couldn't exactly pay for the dates anymore. She was fine with it so I mean I guess it could've gone worse," Sam said shaking his head. "Look, your secret's safe with me. I know what it's like to lose everything," I sighed "Last year after my parents found out I was pregnant, I got kicked out. I know what it's like to do without."

Sam just hugged me tightly. "I missed you," he told me seriously as I smiled a bit. "I missed you too," I said "I just want to be a friend to you, Sam. I'm sorry I hurt you." "It's okay," he said. "If you guys ever need a babysitter, you can call me," I smiled a bit. "You'd do that?" Sam said bewildered. "Of course I would," I smiled "I enjoyed spending time with your family and I know Stacey probably missed me." Sam chuckled "Yeah Santana wasn't exactly the most friendly person with my siblings," Sam said as I smiled a bit. "If you need anything, don't hesitate to call," I told him seriously as we hugged yet again before I left with my mom.

"What a horrible thing to happen to such a nice family," my mom complained as we headed home. "I know what you mean," I sighed. "I can't believe you broke up with him for that Puckerman kid," my mom said annoyed as she drove. "Mom, for the last time he broke up with me. Puck and I are happy together now. Shouldn't you be more concerned about my happiness?" I asked her pointedly. "Of course I'm worried about your happiness Quinnie," my mom said as she looked me in the eye "You're not sleeping with him again are you?" "No!" I shot back upset "He respects my wishes to stay celibate. After I got pregnant with Beth I know having sex isn't just something to throw around." "Good," my mom nodded seeming to accept my answer as we headed back to my house.

The next day at Glee Club practice Sunshine Corazon was at our practice which shocked all of us. "You are a terrible spy," Rachel said with her arms folded. "Seriously, with your size, you easily could have stayed in the air ducts for days," Artie said. "Right," Brittany agreed. "I'm not a spy," Sunshine frowned "I heard about your benefit concert on Facebook, and I wanted to perform. I know what it feels like to be in Academic Decathlon. No one pays attention to you. No one cares.It's not right. We study so hard," Sunshine frowned. "But you're in Vocal Adrenaline. How do we know we can trust you?" I asked simply "Because I have nothing against any of you. I have 600 Twitter followers. I can get all of them to come," Sunshine said.