Chapter 63 - Goodbyes

Graduating was the first step towards my future. "Quinnie, I am so proud of you," my mom smiled hugging me. "Thanks," I smiled back at her. "I can't believe you got into Yale," Frannie said excitedly. "It really is a dream come true," I agreed. Puck then walked over to me. "Can you believe it? We graduated?" he grinned. "I know...it's pretty crazy to think that this might be one of the last few times we'll be here," I agreed. "I know what you mean. I seriously never thought this was going to happen for me. I'm glad it did," Puck said. "Where are you heading Noah?" my mom asked Puck. "L.A. I'm taking my pool cleaning business to California," he grinned. "California? Well you and Quinnie aren't going to be close at all," my mom said shaking her head. I bit my lip "We already know that mom," "Yeah. We know it's going to be tough but we'll make it work," Puck said wrapping an arm around me. "I don't suppose you're not going to flirt with other girls in LA," my mom said narrowing her eyes at him. "Mom..." I began trying to stop her. "It's okay babe. Look I'll try not to but Quinn and I agreed we have an open relationship. We're free to see other people if we want to," Puck shrugged. My mom didn't seem to like that answer. "Come Quinnie, let's head out," my mom said dragging me out the door as I tried to quickly say goodbye to Puck.

"Why would you agree to that?" my mom questioned me. "What? Am I not allowed to make my own decisions now?" I asked my mom baffled "I'm 18. You can't tell me what I can and can't do." "I appreciate all Noah did for you after your accident but why can't you just wake up and see the reality of your situation. You're both so young. If you have an open relationship it's like having no real relationship at all," my mom argued. I rolled my eyes "You see this is the kind of judgement I want to avoid. We only have a few months left together before I head to New Haven for my new beginning. I'd hate to end things with you like this," I told my mom seriously as she sighed. "I know. I just worry about you Quinnie. I don't want Mr. Right to walk away from you just because of your 'kind of' relationship," my mom said shaking her head. 'What you mean is you want me to be with some guy from Yale and forget about Puck. If the guy is too dense to accept that I'm not ready to commit to anything he's not worth being with.' I thought to myself as I put on a fake smile pretending to go along with whatever fairytale my mom was spinning for herself.

I began to pack everything up to take to New Haven. I had visited the dorms during Spring Break and I picked out the bedding I had wanted as well as many other things for me to put in my dorm. I decided to make a board of everything from home I would be missing, starting off with a photo of me with Brittany and Santana. We had pretty much grown up together. The three of us had met at cheerleading camp in junior high and became best friends for life after that. All 3 of us were going our separate ways and that was something that definitely stayed with me. The next photo I carefully placed was one of me and Puck while I was pregnant with Beth. I placed it so you couldn't see that I was pregnant. The administration knew of my teen pregnancy but I wasn't exactly sure how my dorm mates would react to that fact so I was keeping it a secret for now. I also put a photo of Beth in there as well as one of my sister, her husband, and Evan. I had plenty of photos from my time in the New Directions. Being in New Directions had been one of the best parts of my high school experience. I was proud of all I accomplished in Glee Club and I wanted to show everyone exactly why it was a part of me. I smiled finishing the board. Everything was perfect. The hardest part of all was going to be moving out to New Haven.

My last summer in Lima was strange for me. The more I stayed in this town, the more I took in everything that I was going to miss. Puck and I decided to enough our last few weeks together. Lima didn't have a lot going on in it so most of the time we either traveled outside of Lima or spent our days doing what most normal teenagers do in a small town, go to the newest hit movies like Rock of Ages which we both loved or go to the usual hangout of Breadstix for our dates knowing that it could be one of our last times going to the only restaurant in Lima.

As July was coming to a close I knew I was going to have to make the journey out to New Haven. I stood outside my house for what would be the last time before I would be heading off to college. "You leaving me already Fabray," Puck joked as he walked up to me. I rushed over to him hugging him tightly. "I didn't know you were coming over," I smiled a bit. "And miss saying goodbye to you? Not a chance," he said as I lay my head on his shoulder sighing. "I can't believe the day is finally here. I've been looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time," I sighed as Puck nodded. "I get it. I'm going to miss you like hell," he told me seriously. "You too," I said tearing up. "Hey this isn't the end for us," he said wiping my eyes "We promised we'd be back for the holidays and we're coming back for Mr. Schue's wedding." I nodded "You're right. It's just a change....hopefully a good one," I smiled a bit. "Exactly," Puck said hugging me tightly. "Some Birthday present I'm giving you...leaving," I chuckled a bit. "I've had worse," Puck shrugged as I got into my car. "You've got this babe," he told me seriously as we kissed goodbye. He waved watching me pull out of my driveway and onto the road to get to New Haven, ready to go to my future and whatever lay ahead for me.

Quinn Fabray: My Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें