Chapter 36 - Quinn's Comeback

Author's Note: Hey everyone this is my edition of 'Comeback' I changed a few things up such as how long Quinn was absent and what had gone on during the episode. The Quinn/Sam/Finn storyline was scrapped since to me it never made sense and there's no Justin Bieber group this time around. I just hope you enjoy this chapter

The next few weeks I stayed home sick with mono. I had been barely speaking to my mom before this after what had happened on Christmas but she cared for me throughout the next few weeks. "Mom..." I said softly one morning as she put a cool cloth on my head. "Yes dear?" she said. "I'm sorry," I sighed. "You don't need to apologize for anything," my mom assured me "I was being insensitive to you. When I found out Frannie was pregnant I was just so overjoyed. I know you had Beth last year but we're not raising her. You had my first grandchild and I will never forget that but Frannie and Christian are raising this baby," my mom told me as I understood where she was coming from. "It's okay," I sighed as my mom kissed my forehead. "Get some rest Quinnie, you're going to need it," she told me as I fell asleep.

I tried to keep up with my school work which Mercedes had been nice enough to bring by for me. "How are you feeling?" she asked as she sat in my room with me. "Better. I've been eating right, sleeping when I'm tired. Hopefully I'll be back in school in no time," I said. "I'm glad to hear it," Mercedes smiled a bit as I sat up to work on my homework with her. "What have you guys been up to in Glee Club?" I asked. "This week is all about anthems," Mercedes said as I looked at her intrigued. "Anthems huh? Wow. Rachel's probably got some Barbra Streisand song ready," I chuckled a bit as did Mercedes. "On top of that Brittany's kind of been setting trends at school," Mercedes said. "Really?" I said intrigued. "Yeah she wore leg warmers on her arms and it's become like the new trend at McKinley," Mercedes said. "Well good for Brittany," I smiled a bit. "Yeah it's nice that she's found her way outside of the Cheerios," Mercedes agreed as we continued to work on the assignments.

Within a few days I had felt good as new and told my mom I was up to heading to school. "Oh Quinnie that's wonderful," my mom grinned. "I'm up to date on my assignments and besides that I've really missed being in Glee Club," I said honestly. "I'll drop you off. Let me know if I need to come get you okay?" my mom told me seriously. I nodded "I will," I smiled as I headed back into school.

"You're back!" Brittany grinned hugging me as soon as I arrived. "I am. Wow nice sweater Britt," I smiled a bit noticing Brittany was wearing a carousel horse sweater. "Thanks. I just wanted to try something different and besides I love horses," Brittany grinned. I couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Well, well looks like Lady Fabray is finally back," Santana said. "Hey Santana," I said. "I guess now's as good of a time as any to tell you. Since you've been gone Sam and I have become a bit of an item," Santana smirked. "Oh..." I said surprised. "That's right," Santana said. "Well...good for you," I said trying not to seem too upset as I walked into Glee rehearsal. What awaited me in Glee rehearsal shocked me more than Santana and Sam's sudden relationship, Coach Sylvester was in the choir room.

"Mr. Schue? What is Coach Sylvester doing here?" I asked him confused. "It's good to have you back Quinn. Sue is going to join us for the week," Mr. Schue said as most of the Glee kids looked stunned. "This can't be happening," Tina said shaking her head. "Yeah, this does seem like a terrible idea," Artie agreed. "Guys! It's not up for discussion, okay?" Mr. Schue scolded us as the majority of the club looked unhappy having Coach Sylvester there. "Now it's no secret that Coach Sylvester has taken her licks," Mr. Schue said. "I mean... just wanky..." Santana said shaking her head. "And I believe that she could use a little sympathy from us," Mr. Schue said. "Sympathy? From us? Nuh uh," Mercedes said appalled. "Yeah, all she's ever done is make our lives miserable," I said agreeing with Mercedes. "She got exactly what she deserved," Santana agreed. "You're lucky I left my blow-gun at home Air-bags cause I got a clear shot at your nonnies," Coach Sylvester muttered. "Guys...! Coach Sylvester has had her recent setbacks but she is a proven champion. We could do worse than to have that winning record in our midst," Mr. Schue said.