Chapter 29 - Double Trouble

Things between Sam and I had been going fairly smoothly the last couple of weeks as we were soon getting into pretty heated makeout sessions back at my house. He was reaching over to go under my skirt as he kissed my neck. I had to stop him. "No," I said gently. "C'mon, a little something-something," Sam smirked at me. "A little something-something always leads to something more. I've been there, remember?" I corrected him as he frowned a bit. "When we're Prom King and Queen, it'll feel just as good as a little something-something," I said as Sam lay down frustrated. I sighed "Look Sam, I know it's hard for you to understand but I don't want to lose everything if I get pregnant again, okay?" I whispered. "I wouldn't just abandon you," Sam said looking me in the eye. "I know," I smiled at him. "This year is about me. I want to remain celibate until I get married," I told him seriously. "I respect you for that...I just don't know if I can," Sam said honestly. "Sam..." I frowned. "I really like you Quinn, but this whole making out then cutting me off when I want us to have something a little more is killing me," Sam told me honestly as I looked at him speechless. "Goodbye Quinn," he said as he left my house.

Tears filled my eyes. I didn't want to lose Sam. He was one of the best things that had happened to me. How accepting he was about everything I had been through, how patient he had been with me even considering about going out with him, it all seemed like I owed him in someway. As much as I wanted our relationship to be something more with every touch, every kiss, every intimate feeling, I flashed back to what had happened last time, everything I had been through from the night with Puck to the pregnancy test to lying to Finn to having Beth to having to give her away. It was all something I couldn't handle if I had to do it again.

I arrived to school early the next day to attend Glee rehearsals as we always did. Everyone seemed to be whispering and talking to each other. "What's going on?" I asked. "You didn't hear?" Brittany asked. "Hear what?" I asked. "Puck is out of juvie. Today's his first day back," Brittany said. "It's about time," Santana said as she filed her nails "Things were getting too boring around here without him."

My heart sank a bit. Puck was going to be returning to school that day. My feelings over what had happened last year had gotten so much easier to deny while he was gone. Being around him reminded me so much of...her. I also didn't know how Sam and Puck were going to react to each other. Sam and I had been going out since Puck had been arrested, I didn't know how he was going to handle me seeing someone else. I sat with Sam looking the opposite way of Puck just trying to keep how I was feeling locked up somehow.

The bell rang as Kurt and Tina entered the choir room. I sat about as far away from Puck as I could get without being too obvious. Kurt sat by Mercedes and I which I was grateful for. "Alright guys, let's get down to business! First, let's welcome back Noah Puckerman," Mr. Schue said as some of the members of the New Directions clapped for him. I looked away. 'Just pretend like he doesn't exist. Just pretend like he doesn't exist,' I told myself. "Puck, I hope your time in juvy has taught you a lesson or two about right and wrong?" Mr. Schue said. "Are you kidding me? I ruled that place. All I did was crack skulls and lift weights all day," Puck said cockily. "Oh, what a catch, can't believe I ever let you go," I said rolling my eyes, still not looking Puck in the eye.

Mr. Schue then revealed our competition for sectionals which were an all boys boarding school in Westerville who called themselves the Dalton Academy Warblers as well as the Hipsters who were a group of older people who were continuing to get their GED from Warren County. "Moving on. Since this seems to get you guys jazzed about sectionals last year, I wanna make this week our second annual boys versus girls tournament," Mr. Schue said as we cheered "So! Split up into two groups, and, uh, figure out which songs you're gonna sing."

"Good luck," I whispered to Sam as I walked over to the girls side. "Thanks," Sam said. As much as I enjoyed the boys vs. girls competition last year, I wasn't exactly looking forward to working with Berry and her loud mouth again. I was close with the rest of the girls but Berry and I had a very strained relationship. Sure, she was kind to me throughout the pregnancy and did offer to help me through everything I was going through but her constant need to prove herself as better than me was what would turn me off from getting any sort of close relationship with her. Kurt, once again tried to join us girls. "Kurt I'm going to say it again, boys team," Mr. Schue said sternly as Kurt looked saddened as he walked away from us girls.