Chapter 50 - We Are Who We Are

Author's Note: Hey everyone. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I reimagined the 'I Kissed a Girl' episode. I added some new songs as well as got rid of what I found as unnecessary storyline regarding the whole Puck/Shelby relationship. It was gross and most of all illegal. Puck only has eyes for Quinn as far as this story goes. 

The next week within Glee Club rehearsals Finn came with the idea of us singing songs by Ladies for Ladies. "Oh hell no," Santana said annoyed. "Look, I know we combined Glee Clubs and sections is next week but Santana, we're worried about you," Finn frowned a bit. "Worry about yourself, fetus face," Santana said defensively. "Glee's about learning how to accept yourself for who you are, no matter what other people think and that's what this music is all about," Finn grinned. "So, wait, I don't even get a say in this? Not cool," Santana said annoyed. "Everybody in this room knows about you and Brittany and we don't judge you for it. We celebrate it because it's who you are," Finn said as Santana seemed to take what he said to heart. "Look, I know not everybody outside of this room is as accepting and cool, but we're doing this assignment this week so that you know in this rotten, stinking mean world that you at least have a group of people who will support your choice to be whoever you want to be. That's it. That's what we're doing here."

Blaine and Kurt got up first since they had already decided on a song. "Santana, Kurt and I have a song we like to sing to each other in the car and we want to sing that for you right now," Blaine said. "Great. Glad you've found the perfect song for the occasion," Santana said sarcastically. "I know it's hard. It was hard for me, too. But you can get through this," Kurt said. "If you could just stop being so defensive," Blaine said."I'm trying, but your hideous bow ties are provoking me," Santana snarked. "Wait, are we talking lady on lady or girl on girl? 'Cause there's a big difference," Puck said trying to figure out what the assignment was. "Puck, focus, okay?" Mr. Schue said to Puck as he then turned to Kurt and Blaine "Kurt, Blaine, why don't you kick us off with what you got?" Mr. Schue asked as Kurt and Blaine began to perform the P!nk hit 'Perfect'.

The lyrics to the song I felt really suited the situation that Santana shouldn't feel bad about who she is. That she should be proud and not care what anyone else thinks of her. She was perfect to all of us. Even Santana seemed to be into the performance as Kurt and Blaine continued to sing the song. The song ended as we all clapped for Kurt and Blaine. Santana nodded "Thank you," she said letting her defenses come down. "You see this assignment is awesome," Brittany grinned as she lay her head on Santana's shoulder. "I guess it is," Santana said as the bell then rang as we left the choir room.

"Hey," Puck grinned as he stopped me. "Hi," I said. "Look. I know I was kind of a jerk after the play," Puck sighed. "Kind of?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him. "Okay I was a total jerk. But I couldn't stand to see Sam moving in on you," Puck said. "There is nothing going on between Sam and I," I told him seriously. It was true, sure Sam and I had been spending time together but nothing had happened. "You sure about that?" Puck asked me. "Yes," I said shaking my head. "Just so you know the song I'm picking this week I'm singing it to you and only you," Puck said as he walked off.

I had no idea what song he had chosen or why it was dedicated to me. It wasn't until Glee Club that I found out exactly why the song was to me. It was 'I'm the Only One' by Melissa Etheridge. "Please baby can't you see my mind's a burnin' hell. I got razors a rippin' and tearin' and strippin' my heart apart as well. Tonight you told me that you ache for something new and some other woman is lookin' like something that might be good for you," Puck sang looking me directly in the eyes. "Go on and hold her till the screaming is gone. Go on believe her when she tells you nothing's wrong," Puck sang as he approached Finn and Rachel. He then came back to me singing "But I'm the only one who'll walk across the fire for you. I'm the only one, who'll drown in my desire for you. It's only fear that makes you run, the demons that you're hiding from. When all your promises are gone. I'm the only one," Puck sang looking at me again. Rory smiled at me seeming happy that I was being serenaded. I looked back at him awkwardly as I could see the anger building on Sam's face as Puck was singing. "Please baby can't you see I'm trying to explain. I've been here before and I'm locking the door and I'm not going back again. Her eyes and arms and skin won't make it go away. You'll wake up tomorrow and wrestle the sorrow that holds you down today," Puck smirked singing the song in the direction of Sam and I. "Go on and hold her till the screaming is gone. Go on believe her when she tells you nothing's wrong. But I'm the only one who'll walk across the fire for you. I'm the only one who'll drown in my desire for you. It's only fear that makes you run, the demons that you're hiding from. When all your promises are gone I'm the only one. Yeah," Puck sang to me as he finished strumming on his guitar.