Chapter 75 - Just Give Me a Reason

Puck and I had kept our engagement quiet as we sat together in the auditorium. I laid my head on his shoulder as Mercedes and Kurt took the stage. "You know, being here with everyone has brought so many good feelings and memories. I mean, look at Puck and Quinn. I have no idea what's going on there, nor do I know where her boyfriend ran off to but it looks like we can be expecting another "accidental" pregnancy sometime soon," Mercedes grinned as the other cheered. I shook my finger at her to indicate that was not going to happen. "That's not what you said last night," Puck whispered in my ear as I couldn't help but giggle.

Getting back together with Puck had been amazing. I had told my mom the news that we were engaged which she was delighted to hear. "I take it you broke things off with Biff," she said. "I did. You were right. Being with someone isn't worth it if they don't accept me for me. Puck has always done that. That's why when he asked me to marry him, I said yes," I smiled. "Quinnie, I couldn't be more happy for you. I'm glad you ended up with Noah. I know I wasn't always his biggest fan but I know he did you a lot of good," my mom said seriously as I hugged her tight. "Thank you," I smiled a bit.

I had been on Cloud 9 since my mom had been behind our relationship. Even more surprising was how happy Puck's mom was to hear the news. She hadn't been my biggest fan but she'd come around once I had talked Puck out of dropping out and helped him earn his high school diploma.

With me living in New Haven and Puck being in the Air Force we knew we wanted to have the ceremony during the summer. I had the time off from Yale and Puck had completed his training and would be home until they found a place for him to be stationed. There was still a lot of debate on where we wanted our wedding to be held but I knew eventually we would come to a decision.

Kurt and Mercedes performed an amazing rendition of 'I Am Changing' from Dreamgirls which blew us all away. I knew the more numbers we performed the closer we got to it being the end of Glee Club as we knew it.

The next day Rachel and Santana were up performing 'Be Okay' by Oh Honey which was such a sweet duet between the two of them. I knew that meant they had made up after the fight about Santana being Rachel's understudy which made me happy. I hoped Santana apologized for going after Rachel's dream since she only tried out for the role of Fanny Brice to make Rachel upset.

"Alright! That was amazing," Mr. Schue grinned as everyone cheered for Rachel and Santana. "Mr. Schue, Quinn and I wanted to sing a duet for our last performance in the choir room. We've been working on one. I hope it's okay if we perform it," Puck said. "Definitely. Come on up," Mr. Schue said as Puck and I took our seats as we began to perform 'Just Give Me a Reason' by P!nk and Nate Ruess.

"Right from the start you were a thief, you stole my heart and I your willing victim. I let you see the parts of me that weren't all that pretty and with every touch you fixed them," I sang sitting down. I then got up "Now you've been talking in your sleep, oh, oh. Things you never say to me, oh, oh. Tell me that you've had enough of our love, our love. Just give me a reason. Just a little bit's enough. Just a second, we're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again. It's in the stars. It's been written in the scars on our hearts. We're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again," I sang as Puck then got up. "I'm sorry I don't understand where all of this is coming from I thought that we were fine," Puck sang. "Yeah, but this is happening," I sang. "You've been having real bad dreams, oh, oh. You used to lie so close to me, oh, oh," Puck sang. "There's nothing more than empty sheets between our love, our love," Puck and I harmonized as I sat on his lap. "Love," I sang. "Just give me a reason. Just a little bit's enough. Just a second, we're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again. I never stopped. You're still written in the scars on my heart. You're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again. Ooooh, oooh, ahhh," Puck and I harmonized as we then kissed as everyone cheered for us.

"I'd like to make an announcement," I smiled a bit as everyone quieted down. "Puck has asked me to marry him. So, um, I decided to throw caution to the wind and say yes." "Wait, what?" most of the Glee Club said shocked. Our engagement definitely came as a surprise to everyone. "Yeah. We're engaged. He's you know the only guy who's actually been okay with me just being myself," I smiled a bit. "Well, once you've seen a baby come out of a girl's magic garden everything else is easily acceptable," Puck said. "I think I love you, Puck," I said honestly "I know it's not gonna be easy, what with me in New Haven and you who knows where but I'd rather do hard with you than easy with somebody else." "Wanky," Santana smirked. "Santana, for once I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your inevitable snark to yourself," I said. "No, no. Look, I got to be honest. I really like this pairing," Santana said honestly.

"Come here," Puck said as he pulled me in for yet another kiss. "Well, in many ways, that brings us full circle which is perfect because that was officially the last song that will ever be sung in Glee Club," Mr. Schue said as Puck and I pulled away stunned "We all have more songs to sing. We just can't sing them in here anymore. Glee Club is officially over. Thank you, guys. It's been an honor."

It was crazy to think Glee Club was really officially over. "Quinn...Blaine and I actually wanted to ask you something," Kurt said as I turned around. "Sure, what is it?" I asked. "We were wondering...since we're going to be getting married we've been looking for a surrogate," Kurt said. "Guys...if you're asking me what I think you're asking of course I'll do it," I smiled a bit. "You're willing to donate an egg?" Blaine asked. I nodded "I want you guys to be able to have kids. I'm more than happy to help," I smiled a bit as I hugged Kurt and Blaine. "That's so nice guys...would you mind adding that to the video we're making for Mr. Schue?" Miss Holiday asked. "It would be an honor," Kurt smiled as Artie then filmed the three of us by the lockers talking about how I donated the egg to Kurt and Blaine to have a child of their own.

We put everything together. Mr. Schue then pressed the button to watch the video we had put together. It was so touching hearing everything that everyone had to say about Mr. Schue. As the video ended we performed one last time 'Don't Stop Believin' for old times sake. Everyone who was a part of the Glee Club came out and sang it. It was such a bittersweet moment. We hugged Mr. Schue in a huge group hug goodbye knowing that with Glee Club ending our lives would never be the same.