Chapter 39 - Regionals

Author's Note: Hey guys so this chapter is of 'Original Song', the regionals episode. For parts of the chapter I used the leaked deleted Faberry scenes for inspiration for some of the things I wrote. If you want to read the actual scenes from the show I can send you the link :) I hope you enjoy this chapter.

The next week was full of surprises. Regionals was coming up and we knew we had to finalize our set list. Mr. Schue entered the choir room with some bad news. "Guys, I've got some bad news. You know how we decided on "Sing" by My Chemical Romance for Regionals. Well, I hold in my hand a cease and desist letter from the band. We can't do it," Mr. Schue frowned. "Ugh, it was the perfect anthem," Puck snapped. "How much do you wanna bet Coach Sylvester had something to do with this?" Mercedes frowned. "She already admitted to it," Mr. Schue frowned.

"So, what are we gonna do now?" Mercedes asked. "I think...we should write original songs for Regionals," Rachel suggested once again. "All those in favor of voting Rachel down a second time?" Santana smirked. God it got on my nerves when Santana would just want to tear Rachel down for no reason, not unlike how I used to be but I saw the error of my ways. I knew I had to speak up. "No, I think Rachel's right," I said as Rachel turned around seeming grateful for my support. "This team works best when we push ourselves and do something a little different." "Well, that's true but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs. We're not gonna be so good," Mercedes frowned. "You're right, we're not gonna be as good. We're gonna be better. We won't be using other peoples' words or music. It'll be our own. Our own heart, soul, not just our voices," I said trying to really sell this idea.

"We have a really talented songwriter in our midst. Rachel," I said as Rachel turned around to face me "I was thinking maybe you and I could write a song together." "I'm with Quinn and Rachel. I mean, if these two can agree on something it's probably an idea worth considering," Finn said. "W-wait, wait. So, suddenly you two are writing the music for Regionals? No way. I think that everyone should get a chance to write a song," Santana said annoyed. "Santana's right, we can do this," Sam said. "What do you think Mr. Schue?" Mercedes asked. "I think we're doing original song for Regionals," Mr. Schue said as Rachel cheered excitedly as she smiled back at me, grateful for my support.

"Hey what you did for Rachel back there was really cool Quinn," Finn smiled a bit. "Thanks. Rachel did have a good idea, besides she told me about wanting to work on an original song," I said. "Really? Since when did you two become friends?" Finn asked surprised. "We've been friends for awhile now actually," I said as Finn shook his head. "Wow. That's something I never thought would happen," he said as I laughed a bit. "I've changed Finn. Things that used to seem important to me just aren't anymore. Besides, Rachel was there for me last year when I needed the support. She kind of needs my support now," I shrugged. "How has she been doing...you know with the whole us breaking up thing?" he asked. "It's been hard on her. She really loves you," I said honestly. "After she cheated on me I just...couldn't forgive her, you know. She did the one thing that hurt me so bad..." Finn began. "...hurt you so bad when I did it," I completed his thoughts. "Yeah..it's like you're in my head," he said shaking his head.

"Finn, she is sorry. She was just incredibly hurt. Especially with the way Santana was rubbing it in her face," I said. "Wait what?" Finn asked confused. "You didn't know?" I said surprised "Santana constantly kept talking about when you two had sex to Rachel acting like she had a leg up on her." "How did I not know that?" Finn frowned. "You were hurting too. You didn't exactly give her a chance to explain," I said. "Maybe I should talk to her," Finn sighed looking over at Rachel. "I think you should Finn. You owe her that much," I said as I walked off.

That night I headed over to Rachel's house. "Hey...thanks for coming over," Rachel said as I smiled a bit. "Of course," I said as we got to work as we sat on the floor in her room, trying to find song lyrics that really spoke to us. Rachel put her pen down. "Okay, how about this one, I call it 'Back in my Arms'," Rachel said as she began to play notes on her keyboard. Oh God was this going where I thought it was going? As much as I wanted Finn and Rachel to be okay I had always felt Rachel was so talented and she didn't need to be held back by a boy. I envisioned her making something of herself, not being stuck here in Lima like the rest of us.