Chapter 31 - Plot Twist

The next day at Glee Club practice Mr. Schue was about to prepare us for sectionals when Kurt dropped a bombshell on us. "Come on, guys. The wedding was great, but we have got to get ready for Sectionals next week," Mr. Schue said as Kurt entered the choir room "Kurt, good, I want to talk to you about this amazing idea I had for a solo for you at Sectionals," Mr. Schue beamed at him. "Can I make an announcement first?" Kurt asked. "Yeah," Mr. Schue said as he took a seat with the rest of us. "First, I wanted to thank everyone for what you did at my dad's wedding, especially Finn. It's nice to know that I have great friends here as well as a true brother. Which is why it's so hard for me to leave," Kurt frowned. "What do you mean, "Leave?"," I asked shocked by Kurt saying he was going to leave.

"I'm transferring to Dalton Academy... immediately," Kurt said as our mouths hung open in shock. "My parents are using the money they saved up for their honeymoon to pay for the tuition." "Kurt, you can't leave," Tina frowned. "What the hell, dude? How about you talk with me about this first?" Finn said. "I'm sorry, Finn, but there's nothing to talk about. Karofsky's coming back tomorrow, so that means I won't be," Kurt frowned. "We can protect you," Sam said as I nodded. "Seriously, we can, like, form a perimeter around you like the Secret Service," Puck agreed. "Yeah," Finn nodded. "The only thing that can really protect me is what they have at Dalton, a zero tolerance, no-bullying policy. It's enforced," Kurt said. "Um, does this mean that you're going to be competing against us at Sectionals?" Rachel said enraged as we all looked at her.

Was that really the biggest issue here? Was I surprised that Rachel acted this way? Not at all. The only person Rachel cared about was Rachel. My heart was broken for Kurt feeling like he had to leave the school. I cared more about Kurt then the fact that he was competing against us, especially since we wouldn't be able to perform at sectionals with only 11 members. Kurt teared up "Sorry I have to go," he then left the choir room as we sat dumbfounded on what to do without him.

"Guys we need to find a 12th member and fast," Rachel said annoyed as we exited the choir room. "I think we all know that Berry," Santana said rolling her eyes as she filed her nails. "You're not taking this seriously enough. If we don't compete Glee Club is over for good! You heard what Principal Figgins said," Rachel frowned. "Who are we going to get to join though," I said. Rachel paused as she sighed "I don't know. Look I know I wrecked things with Sunshine but there's got to be someone in this school who would be willing to join Glee Club," Rachel said as the rest of us looked uneasy at Rachel, feeling like we might as well give up while we were ahead without further embarrassing ourselves.

Mr. Schue entered the choir room the next day as Berry walked over with her suggestion. "Mr. Schuester, I have an announcement. I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals," she beamed as I rolled my eyes. I was so sick and tired of seeing Rachel demanding getting every solo in every competition. Sure, Rachel's talented, there is no denying that but there are other members of this group who are just as good if not better. Mercedes killed it last year when she auditioned for the solo with 'And I Am Telling You'. I know I didn't have as strong of a voice as Rachel but that didn't mean other members of our Glee Club shouldn't be showcased.

"Me first. Two things. First, our competition at Sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move. Now if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't. Dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance," Mr. Schue said as we all congratulated Brittany and Mike on getting a featured moment at Sectionals. "Wait, they're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?" Rachel said snobbily. "You're not getting a solo for this competition Rachel," Mr. Schue said. "Finally! So what song do I get to sing?" Mercedes grinned. I was looking forward to seeing who would get the solo. I mean Mercedes almost had one last year and quite frankly she deserved to be featured. "I was thinking that the winners of our duets competition would take the leads," Mr. Schue said as my smile faded.