Chapter 28 - Leading Lady Fabray?

Author's Note: I apologize for the delay in updates I've been dealing with a lot in my personal life which had kept me from writing. I will try to be more regular with the updates. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Halloween was fast approaching. I was looking forward to dressing up this year. Last year around this time all I could worry about was keeping the secret of me being pregnant from my parents. Times had definitely changed since then. I was back at home with my mom planning our annual Halloween Party. "Great news guys! I've had a little inspiration. This week's musical lesson isn't really a lesson. It's a musical," Mr. Schue said as he entered the room. I was curious as to which musical Mr. Schue would be having us do. "Rocky Horror!" he grinned. I was surprised Mr. Schue had picked Rocky Horror. As much as I loved the musical getting it to be school appropriate would be a hard task at hand.

"I've never seen it," Finn shrugged. "Mr. Schue," Rachel said concerned. "Yeah?" Mr. Schue replied. "While I admire your choice of a groundbreaking 70's musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?" Rachel asked. "Seriously, a school in Texas couldn't even do Rent. It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show," Kurt agreed. "Isn't that the whole point of the arts? Pushing boundaries? Doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression?" Mr. Schue asked. "Look, I figured it all out. I cut out some of the more risqué sections and I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure they're okay with it," Mr. Schue said as he handed out the scripts and permission slips for us to give to our parents. I looked at the paper I was pretty sure my mom would be okay with me being in Rocky Horror. It wasn't like I was going to go out for a huge role in the production. "And we're going to charge admission and use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to nations in New York!" Mr. Schue said as we grinned excitedly.

"Okay, let's talk about casting," Mr. Schue smiled. "Oh! Finn and I will play Brad and Janet." Rachel said quickly nabbing up the lead. I rolled my eyes. Leave it to Berry to try and be the center of attention even in a play. "And I'll be playing the guy in the wheelchair, right?" Artie asked. "That's what I was thinking. And, I thought Kurt could play the role of Frankenfurter," Mr. Schue said. "No. There is no way I'm playing a transvestite in high heels and fishnets and wearing lipstick!" Kurt said shaking his head. "Why, 'cause that look was last season?" Santana smirked as Kurt shot her a look. "I'll do it!" Mike volunteered. "Really?" Tina grinned "It's like the male lead." "I know but I'm feeling a little more confident about my singing voice after our duets project," Mike smiled. "Great! I have no problem with that! Now, we're a little short on female roles. So, we're going to have to double up on Columbias and Magentas," Mr. Schue told us girls. I thought to myself why wouldn't he double up on Janets. Since you know the female lead would be in the most scenes. I knew I could say anything without Berry throwing a fit so I kept quiet. "It's standard practice on Broadway. It'll preserve your voices," Rachel said snarkily to the rest of us girls. "I'd like to preserve you in a jar in my basement," Mercedes shot back. I chuckled a bit Mercedes was so right to say that to Rachel. She had it coming.

"Sam, I'd like you to play the role of the creature," Mr. Schue said to Sam. "From the black lagoon?" Sam asked confused. "Rocky. He's like the Frankenstein character except blonde. You'll kill the part. He's cute just like you," I smiled a bit at him. "Better start working on those abs," Santana said to him. "Are you kidding me? You could cut glass with these babies. I have no problem showing off my body," Sam shrugged. "Okay! Looks like we got ourselves a show!" Mr. Schue beamed as we all cheered.

I was excited for our first play at McKinley High School, granted I would be splitting a role with one of the other girls in the club, but it was a start. Rachel was too self-absorbed to care about the rest of us having to share. I was glad to have any stage time at all. Most of the time in Glee Club I had felt pushed to the back, well besides winning the duets competition last week.